Weidmann-Rockhold realistic break-down

NoMoreBS

White Belt
Reaction score
The Chris is obviously elite wrestler but still I don't see the fight going to the ground at all unless both of them want it on the ground.. Rockhold is strong enough to stuff Weidmann all day and vice versa.

But the questions to ask is?

1. Can weidmann fight stand-up war without any TD safety zone with Rockhold who imo is by far the better striker?

2. who do you favor in this likely 5rd's of stand-up war

weidman is the one that KO'd silva, dont underestimate his striking.

Is Rockhold really the better striker? They seem pretty even just about everywhere tbh. SToked for this fight, anything could happen.

This is why i think itll be a close fight that will call for 2 more.

1. Can weidmann fight stand-up war without any TD safety zone with Rockhold who imo is by far the better striker?

2. who do you favor in this likely 5rd's of stand-up war

1. Yes. Rockhold isn't "by far" the better striker. Hell I wouldn't even say he's the better striker period. I'd say the stand up is pretty even with each of them having different advantages. I'd say Weidman has his advantages with is hands and ability to cut off the cage while Rockhold has the advantage in kicks and countering.

2. I favor Weidman and unlike you I think he will be able to land takedowns. Not at wil but he will land em and what happens on the ground remains to be seen.

silva, machida, and belfort would all be considered better strikers then weidman and they couldnt stop him. Cant say that rockhold would be able to do the same

this has the making of a long standing rivalry. both guys are so evenly matched and in their prime. i think rockhold might have a slight edge with kicks and cardio but chris's defense and boxing are razor sharp

silva, machida, and belfort would all be considered better strikers then weidman and they couldnt stop him. Cant say that rockhold would be able to do the same

He had the TD advantage on them it was never a pure striking game with these elite strikers..

But having a guy like Cormier spam TDs on you for months will make Rockhold immune

Luke stick and move, Chris shoots in and that's the fight

"Realistic breakdown," eh?

Weidman is better at everything except kicking, but you won't see many kicks out of Rockhold because he'll get taken down and dominated on the ground. People don't seem to understand just how good of a grappler Weidman is, and they criminally underrate his striking.

1. Yes. Rockhold isn't "by far" the better striker. Hell I wouldn't even say he's the better striker period. I'd say the stand up is pretty even with each of them having different advantages. I'd say Weidman has his advantages with is hands and ability to cut off the cage while Rockhold has the advantage in kicks and countering.

2. I favor Weidman and unlike you I think he will be able to land takedowns. Not at wil but he will land em and what happens on the ground remains to be seen.
Well said, I agree with all of this, but I don't think Weidman will be able to keep Luke down for any significant period of time. And I worry that Luke's kicks and ability to prevent Chris from dictating where the fight goes will wear him down. I can't see this fight being anything other than a grueling war.

Man i can't wait for this fight,id rather this than DC/Gusto in Houston.

"Realistic breakdown," eh?

Weidman is better at everything except kicking, but you won't see many kicks out of Rockhold because he'll get taken down and dominated on the ground. People don't seem to understand just how good of a grappler Weidman is, and they criminally underrate his striking.

/Thread

And don't forget Vitor wiped Rockhold out in minutes. Totally destroyed him.

Hear me now sherdoggers, Luke is going to destroy Weidman. DESTROY.

Weidmans got better hands, Rockhold gots better kicks.

Weidman has the grappling advantage, I think Weidman beats him without breaking a sweat.

Anyone who thinks Weidmans grappling is better than Rockholds is mentally challenged.

Hear me now sherdoggers, Luke is going to destroy Weidman. DESTROY.

Anyone who thinks Weidmans grappling is better than Rockholds is mentally challenged.

mj-laughing.gif

Back