Weidman will retire UNDEFEATED

Retiring undefeated is rare, retiring undefeated as a champion in almost unheard of. It's only happened about a dozen times in boxing which has a good 100 years on structured mma. Mayweather is the greatest undefeated boxer ever and still has not fought Manny. I just don't think the numbers support CW going undefeated.

fact: statistics dont lie
fact: statistics say Weidman will not retire undefeated.

How many people on Sherdog actually make a living out of fortune telling? Im guessing 97% of members?

It amazes me how many quality threads get wastelanded immediately, yet hundreds of crystal ball prediction threads every month are left completely alone by the mods.

It's MMA, anything can happen along the way.

Leg break/doctor stoppage, some bullshit will inevitably happen along the way.

Last edited:
What FACTS are you basing this off TS?

It's a possibility. but he has a very tough road ahead of him.

If he beats Belfort he will have to take out Silva again, which is something he should be able to do.

Then next up will likely be the someone from this group

Jacare
Rockhold
Romero
Machida

All very tough fights, but if he managed to clear out all those guys he would have a good chance of remaining undefeated for a long tim.

It wouldn't surprise me as ufc champs tend to fight once every 2 years these days.

I wouldn't bet on that.....I think everyone loses eventuelly

I can see that. Weidman's a beast, the way he beat Machida impressed the shit out of me. At first I thought Vitor was gonna knock him out but the more I think about it, Weidman is one of those fighters who you doubt but he keeps getting better with every fight.

The only fighter in his weight class who I think has a chance is Rockhold.

I wouldn't bet on that.....I think everyone loses eventuelly
Yup.

I don't get why people think Weidman is invincible. He was getting his legs hammered in the first Silva fight. Second Silva fight his face was the one with damage at the end of round one. And the last two rounds of his fight with Machida he looked anything but unbeatable..

And look at the names he has yet to fight: Belfort, Rockhold, Jacare, Mousasi... his division is too intense.

I could see that happening, If he has to retire early due to injury.

There really should be a rule on here that you need to be at least a yellow belt to make threads.

You don't think constant injuries and aging won't slow him down? Just like Weidman emerged as a beast in today's age, there will come along another star in the future of Weidman gets through the killers row lined up. With all the tape there is, Weidman is human just like everyone else.

I hate when people call the future, and when champs do that. Off topic, but when Hendricks talked about a 4 year reign of terror, and moving up to middleweight...it's like whoa slow down.

Don't think so.. he's good.. but just doesn't have that GOAT aura to him like Silva did.

I have a feeling thrid times a charm and Silva still has a very good chance to beat him.

Then Sherdog will explode with WEIDMAN OVERATTED!!1!!!!11 threads lol

I can see that. Weidman's a beast, the way he beat Machida impressed the shit out of me. At first I thought Vitor was gonna knock him out but the more I think about it, Weidman is one of those fighters who you doubt but he keeps getting better with every fight.

The only fighter in his weight class who I think has a chance is Rockhold.

Weidman should be nicknamed the prodigy or phenom.

Rockhold is the biggest middleweight, like, ever!

I would say that Cardio is his enemy, but Machida was totally gassed as well. Left himself open in the later rounds quite a bit, Machida could have put him away a few times if he had a bit more gas left.

Back