Weidman will get destroyed by Jacare

I do admit 10% of my dislike for Weidman comes from what he did to Anderson lol. The other 90% when he fought Rockhold and after with the I wasn't prepared I was only at 5% BS.

His bag of excuses is what has turned me off.

Weidman has looked like shit since usada jacare has looked the same only reason I'd pick jacare.hopfully the rockhold fight was a fluke and I'm wrong.

I would love to see this fight just to see Weidman get annihilated on the stand-up or the ground, even better if Jacare can win by twister or Gogo choke lol.
I agree, but I honestly think if he had decent cardio, Weidman could have a war with Romero. Styles make fights and I think stylistically they would have an epic war. I think Romero would likely win, but it would be pretty damn exciting to see.

It's emberassing to see Weidman still has a fan. :)

24y30y1.jpg

Keep on posting in threads about him tho!

I think Weidman is the kind of guy that is going to be way hungrier for the W than Jacare coming off of a loss.

24y30y1.jpg

Keep on posting in threads about him tho!
Funny gif. I think the MW division is full of ..., not just Weidman. If Weidman would face Rockhold, I am actually still supporting him (I think). Just not been liking his mediatalk, bit too much like Rockhold (a MW i really can't stand). BIsping has always been an asshole but he grew on me. I haven't followed the news as of late, so not spreading rumors, just going by what Weidman said after Bisping won the title.

You said Weidman fights at 205? That's NY? Does have an opponent yet? I would love to see him crush ROckhold. As for Jacare, that's one of the few fighters that doesn't talk crap and he's been f-ed over for it, even Henderson gets in the line before him. >.<

Funny gif. I think the MW division is full of ..., not just Weidman. If Weidman would face Rockhold, I am actually still supporting him (I think). Just not been liking his mediatalk, bit too much like Rockhold (a MW i really can't stand). BIsping has always been an asshole but he grew on me. I haven't followed the news as of late, so not spreading rumors, just going by what Weidman said after Bisping won the title.

You said Weidman fights at 205? That's NY? Does have an opponent yet? I would love to see him crush ROckhold. As for Jacare, that's one of the few fighters that doesn't talk crap and he's been f-ed over for it, even Henderson gets in the line before him. >.<

Weidman said on the mma hour today that he still doesn't know who his opponents is,hoping for Luke but would fight whoever they tell him so he can get a win. I agree about Jacare, best case scenario imo is Weidman vs Jacare for the a vacant belt if he Hendo wins and retires as he said he would.

Weidman has never lost the first round of a fight.
I think I'd favor Jacare after that though. I think by R3 Jacare could actually take Weidman down, Jacare's TD's are pretty good. Then again, Jacare is no cardio machine either, but I think he outlasts Weidman.

If post USADA Chris could come in weighing more than a damn WW I'd put money on him.

I dont know. Weidman has had alot more better competion.unless weidman gassed and loses in 4th or 5th by tko or sub.

Imo Jacare is better striker, better grappler, his wrestling may be on pair with Weidman because of his STRENGTH or at least slightly worse

I dont know about destroy but here are the facts:
Jacare has the better ground game, his striking is on the same level or higher, and possibly the most physically strongest opponent outside of Rockhold that Weidman could face.

I would put money on Jacare.

What? I guarantee Romero is stronger. Did you watch thier fight?

Chris looked much weaker than he usually does. And gassing in the third round doesn't seem like the usual Weidman either, especially after he went 5 really hard rounds with Machida.

It's a different Weidman I believe, not as drastic change as we saw in Vitor, but there's that Ellenberger-esque deflation and performance drop. Jacare improved a lot since strikeforce, if the Jacare that fought Mousasi fights the Weidman that fought Rockhold, it would be over quickly.

And I think Rockhold is an absolutely beast on the ground, but only relative to his opponents. He looked good vs a flabby slow Machida and vs a deflated Weidman. Jacare always looked extremely beastly on the floor no matter who he fights. I think it's another level of jiu jitsu, especially when Jacare is fresh.

Post USADA Weidman, aka thinman, is looking like ellenberger and johnny hendricks. He is visibly smaller and a gasser.

Post USADA Weidman, aka thinman, is looking like ellenberger and johnny hendricks. He is visibly smaller and a gasser.

Hopefully he can adapt and get back to at least a some semblance of the champion Weidman we saw in the Machida fight.

I remember he took a book out of Jon Jones' chapter with his testosterone levels in the Vitor fight.

On the ground I'd pick Jacare, but he'd better get Chris down in a hurry. Weidman's stand up has come miles recently. Training with Wonderboy will do that for you and that's no shit.
He's training with Mark Henry now who has arguably become the best boxing/striking coach in all of MMA. I think that work will pay huge dividends for Weidman in his next fight.

Realistically, this is the fight to make for both fighters.

Let romero and rockhold fight too.

Back