Weidman vs Okami and Lombard vs Philippou

Weidman vs. Rockhold will 100% give you a guy to put against Silva. Thats what the middleweight division needs.

Fights like Okami vs. Weidman have way to much potential of stalling the division. Okami is better suited fighting someone like Lombard, who is more then 1 win away from a title shot.

Okami is a much a more diverse and technical striker than Munoz. He's also a superior MMA grappler than Munoz. Munoz has one punch KO power and thats about it.

Okami's main weakness is his head movement and how he reacts to getting hit.
His secondary weakness is his lack of aggressiveness when he has the advantage and/or momentum.
But wrestling's his best weapon and it's not as good as Weidman's. And I think most would agree Weidman is the better striker as well. It's not a fight we'll be seeing so it doesn't matter all that much, but Okami has very little chance of winning this one. The guy hasn't finished a decent fighter with his hands his entire career, and he has virtually no chance of taking a decision from Weidman as he can't outwrestle him.

But wrestling's his best weapon and it's not as good as Weidman's. And I think most would agree Weidman is the better striker as well. It's not a fight we'll be seeing so it doesn't matter all that much, but Okami has very little chance of winning this one. The guy hasn't finished a decent fighter with his hands his entire career, and he has virtually no chance of taking a decision from Weidman as he can't outwrestle him.

I would give Weidman the advantage (-150) because of his aggressiveness and speed advantage. I think their grappling would be neutralized.
I think Okami is the better striker: we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

I would give Weidman the advantage (-150) because of his aggressiveness and speed advantage. I think their grappling would be neutralized.
I think Okami is the better striker: we'll have to agree to disagree on that.
Fair enough. I will say this though, If this is the next fight for Weidman and he's only -150 I will be laying some serious coin down, so I hope you're right. :wink:

Philipou vs. Lombard. Okami vs. Bisping if (when) he loses to Belfort, Weidman vs. Belfort if (when) he beats beat Bisping. Swap the final two if I'm wrong. This is also assuming Silva keeps his word about sitting out most of 2013 or takes a superfight.

Before anyone says I'm forgetting Rockhold I say give him Munoz in his debut assuming he'll ever manage to get a fight without getting injured.

I'll say give Hector, Bisping so he can lay his hands on him.
And yeah yeah i know, Bisping is fighting Silva if he beats Vitor.

Weidman needs a defining win, which Maia and Munoz are not. Let him go at it with Okami, if he wins he becomes the clear #1 contender.

i think lombard would beat Okami.

Belcher could blame himself.I almost fell asleep watching this fight but every time Belcher was in good position he went for guilotine and then okami just controlled him.

Id rather see Okami vs Costas and Weidman vs Lombard

This.
Let Costa fight one of the top MW to see where he is at. They are both coming of big wins. Makes sense.
Weidman should fight Lombard for contender spot. They both have a lot of hype behind them atm, let this fight decide who is most derserving of a title shot.

This.
Let Costa fight one of the top MW to see where he is at. They are both coming of big wins. Makes sense.
Weidman should fight Lombard for contender spot. They both have a lot of hype behind them atm, let this fight decide who is most derserving of a title shot.

If Rockhold is healthy he deserves to be higher than Lombard and should be fighting Weidman for the next shot.

-Rockhold vs Weidman for clear number 1 contender
-Costa vs Lombard
-Okami vs Jacare
-Boestch vs Belcher

the thing that bugs me is what do you do with Vitor if he wins vs Bisping? I say give an immediate shot to Rockhold to unitfy belts and make Weidman vs Belfort instead, which would be a clearl number one contender too.

Back