Weidman vs Lyoto, Luke, Jacare, Vitor, Moose, Sonnen

That'd be one hell of a resume. Don't know if Weidman will even get passed Machida though.

After seeing him dominate Silva 2 times in a row I have no doubt in him. If Machida beats Weidman it means Lyoto is stylistic nightmare for Chris.

After seeing him dominate Silva 2 times in a row I have no doubt in him. If Machida beats Weidman it means Lyoto is stylistic nightmare for Chris.

Or Weidman was a style nightmare for Silva.

Weidman is definitely a great fighter no matter what though.

If he beat them the way Anderson beat Belfort, Okami, Franklin or Griffin, then yes. But it won't happen.

It would depend how he beat then. If he dramatically finished most of them, Silva style, then maybe. If a bunch of then are decisions etc then no.

If Weidman beats all of them would it be better resume than Silva's? I'd say yes. Add to that he beat Anderson 2 times, Maia and Munoz.

It would be. If Weidman were to beat your list, he might be deserving of 1/2 the hype he gets NOW. But...

Machida will beat Weidman, quite easily. I would say the same thing about Jacare. Rockhold, Mousasi, and Sonnen are about even money against Weidman, IMO.

He was not a WW champ in an organization that matters. Rumble could have been champ at 170, 185, 205, and 265 .. if he fought some of them outside the UFC. What's your point? If Silva is a 168lb guy why was he refusing to fight GSP at 170 since Silva is obviously a champ at that weight class?

Silva fought at 168 in 2001, and defeated a guy who'd been undefeated for five years. Sakurai was #1 in the world at that weight class (though Hughes was arguably better, since he went on to beat Sakurai not long thereafter). Regardless, Sakurai was in his prime then and a hell of a fighter. Silva took it to him. Not giving Silva credit for this win tells us all we need to know.

I would say yes. The wins vs silva are clouded. It's hard to see him getting past machida, let alone Moose or Jacare.

Mousasi is probably a harder fight for Weidman than Machida is. Am I wrong for thinking that?

EDIT: AND I LOVE THE DRAGON

JBJ's Resume:
Shogun-Former UFC champ.
Past his prime lost to Sonnen

Rampage-Former UFC champ.
Past his prime and was looking awful prior to the fight.

Lyoto-Former UFC champ.HOFer
Natural MW who was champ because LHW sucks

Rashad-Former UFC champ. HOFer
Nothing special

Vitor-Former UFC champ. HOFer
MW fighter

Chael- 2x MW title contender.
MW fighter who looks awfu at LHW

Gus- #1 contender. Good fighter.
You list him as "good fighter" yet this is his best win by far.

Glover- Undefeated for years. Good fighter.
Plays into JBJ game too much probably his 2nd best win, definitely solid win.

Hilarious how you talk up JBJ wins and talk down GSP's. GSP has by far the best resume and it's not even the same ballpark.

Wins vs. fighters ranked in the top 5.
16 = GSP (not including Penn)
3 = Jones (not including Sonnen and Vitor)

Yeah you are right .....
Those guys weren't pass their primes when they fought JBJ.

As for Rashad being "NOTHING SPECIAL", who has GSP faced that is better than Rashad other than Hughes and BJ? Answer that.

"MACHIDA WAS CHAMP BECAUSE LHW SUCKS". Really? The same could be said about GSP and how the WW division sucked and that's why he had his title reign. Matt Serra beat him. That's like JBJ losing to Jason Brilz.

Get over yourself. JBJ beat champions. GSP beat over the hill and unworthy championship material.

Wwhhhaatttt? Put down the crack pipe.

When was Sonnen ranked at LHW (top 5 no less).
What LHW opponent did Sonnen beat before fighting Jones?

If you are arguing Sonnen is good at LHW then go away. We all know he isn't.

Yes and GSP beat them in their PRIME. JBJ beat them AFTER their prime. When did I argue they were NEVER good? I didn't.
Which fighter did JBJ beat after their prime?

Shogun? Yea, the dude was past his prime after KOing Machida for the LHW title.

Rampage? Yea, at that time he was highly ranked and could beat anyone in the division at that time.

Machida? Yea, that dude is about to go for a title in another division and could be one of three fighters to ever hold a belt in two different divisions.

Rashad? Yea, a guy who's only lost three times and can still make a run for that belt.

Vitor? Yea, a guy who has a title shot looming at MW with a win over Chael. Sure he's past his prime. SARCASM

Chael? Yea, a gatekeeper but a damn good one at that. Can beat anyone who's not a better wrestler or just overall better. Oh yea, with a win over Vitor, gets another crack at the MW title.

Gus? Yea, he's waaaaaaaaay past his prime. SARCASM

Glover? Yea, he's wack because he lost to the P4P best in the UFC so that automatically means he's past his prime. Crazy how when he was on that win streak he wasn't past it though.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaa, I see your point buddy.

Back