Weidman vs Lyoto, Luke, Jacare, Vitor, Moose, Sonnen

I don't think there is any way that Wiedman could beat every one of those guys mentioned, but even if he did, he would have had to highlight reel them all.

Jones' opponents have better wins than GSP's opponents. Way more ranked wins on average because LHW was the best division for a decade (and GSP was champ during that time). Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Serra, Kos and Diaz have barely a dozen ranked wins combined. Rampage & Shogun have as much alone, Lyoto & Rashad aren't far behind.

People complain a lot of Sonnen & Vitor, but both have more ranked wins in MMA than GSP's weakest title challengers, Hardy & Serra.

And they are not LHW fighters, ranked wins at MW don't count. Also what a fighter was doing 10 years ago before JBJ fought them does not count. Someone can be ranked #1 .. then 5 years later be #50, beating him doesn't count as beating a #1 fighter.

JBJ has THREE top 5 wins. (5-Vitor and Sonnen)
GSP has 16. (17-BJ)

Anyone arguing JBJ has better wins is a lunatic.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/gsp-most-top-5-wins-hendo-most-top-10-wins-2483907/

I discount BJ penn myself.
Koscheck nothing else? No punching power hahahahaha.
Alves nothing special? The guy Sherdog said would demolish GSP?
Condit, the guy who forced Hendricks to use Lay n Pray and was WEC champ and is in his PRIME
Diaz I also discount.

GSP has 16 top 5 wins moron. JBJ has 3. You are clueless.

Who cares about punching power if you're technique is terrible? Shogun has punching power too. You don't mention it for Jones.

Alves is supposed to be good because SD said so? SD said Shida would demolish Jones.

Condit, the guy who's wrestling is so bad that people can lay n pray on him.

You're just an idiot. It's hard to see stupid fanboys like you of my favorite fighter, making everyone of us, the real fans, look bad.

If you're gonna discredit someone, don't say stupid shit like "he was out of his prime," that's an opinion. If you're gonna say GSP has the better resume, fine. I actually agree with that until Bones beats Gus again and DC. But don't shit on the other guy for no fucking reason with bullshit opinions that you're trying to pass off as facts.

Most of the claims are based on the fact that this or that division is "super weak" and it appear that it is a always a subjective or retroactive point of view.

When ppl say that LHW is a super weak division, they compare it to which one ? WW and LW are the deepest for some time now. But which other are better than LHW ?
HW is basically dead (unless Werdum pulls an upset or JDS and Browne gain fight IQ), FW only wait an Aldo loss or move to 155, BW is a question mark, FLW is cleaned out.

MW is interesting now because the most dominant champ is gone. Plus one of the contender is a former 205 champion, who would be the #2 or #3 contender if he would still be at his weightclass.

The thing is, people don't understand a division often appear "weak" because a dominant champion made it look like that. Before Jones came, LHW was super competitive. Gread fighters losing to an even greater one doesn't make them cans.

Sonnen was top 10 at LHW. LHW is crazy weak. MW started getting better before Silva lost, it was not him losing that made the division look better (to me).

GSP retiring has people thinking WW is stronger now, but the reality is basically all the top fighters were fighting when GSP was, and GSP beat several of them already.

LHW was stronger in the PRIDE days, and has been very weak since. It's picking up again though.

Maybe UFC resume, but not career resume.

What do you mean by not career resume? Should Weidman fight a couple of Ryo-Chonan-C-level type of fighters to seal the deal? :icon_lol:

Who cares about punching power if you're technique is terrible? Shogun has punching power too. You don't mention it for Jones.

Alves is supposed to be good because SD said so? SD said Shida would demolish Jones.

Condit, the guy who's wrestling is so bad that people can lay n pray on him.

You're just an idiot. It's hard to see stupid fanboys like you of my favorite fighter, making everyone of us, the real fans, look bad.

If you're gonna discredit someone, don't say stupid shit like "he was out of his prime," that's an opinion. If you're gonna say GSP has the better resume, fine. I actually agree with that until Bones beats Gus again and DC. But don't shit on the other guy for no fucking reason with bullshit opinions that you're trying to pass off as facts.

That's why Condit was WEC champ, #2 in the UFC, almost KO'd GSP, and SMASHED Hendricks (current champ) from the bottom arguably winning the fight .. because he is so easy to lay and pray and is so horrible.

Koscheck fought GSP in his Prime, Shogun fought him well after it when he has not looked the best. If you think Shogun is in his prime you are a moron. WHEN you fight a person is as important as who you fight.

And they are not LHW fighters, ranked wins at MW don't count. Also what a fighter was doing 10 years ago before JBJ fought them does not count. Someone can be ranked #1 .. then 5 years later be #50, beating him doesn't count as beating a #1 fighter.

JBJ has THREE top 5 wins. (5-Vitor and Sonnen)
GSP has 16. (17-BJ)

Anyone arguing JBJ has better wins is a lunatic.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/gsp-most-top-5-wins-hendo-most-top-10-wins-2483907/

both Vitor and Sonnen were ranked LHW fighters before dropping down to MW. Since then, they both have a ranked win at 205 (they were both ranked before and after they fought Jones). Meanwhile, Serra got the upset over GSP, but other than that, his best win at WW is Lytle, while Hardy's is Swick.

Rampage, Shogun, Lyoto and Rashad all had a recent ranked win before fighting Jones, and they were all ranked themselves.

The record of their competition counts the most.

Alves' notable wins are Hughes, Karo and Kos. Fitch's notable wins are Alves and Diego. Diaz's notable wins are Penn and Daley. Hardy's are Swick, Gono and Davis.

in their whole career.

While Hughes, Shields and Condit had a comparable record to those LHW greats.

Lol at the ujustgotchaeld guy and everyone taking the bait

I am being serious. They can't even argue the points I make.

What in this list is wrong?

Machida - MW
Vitor - MW
Sonnen - MW
Shogun - past his prime
Rampage - past his prime

What do you disagree with?
FACT: GSP has 16 top 5 wins
FACT: JBJ has 3 top 5 wins.

Those are facts, not up for debate, not an opinion.

both Vitor and Sonnen were ranked LHW fighters before dropping down to MW. Since then, they both have a ranked win at 205 (they were both ranked before and after they fought Jones).
Wwhhhaatttt? Put down the crack pipe.

When was Sonnen ranked at LHW (top 5 no less).
What LHW opponent did Sonnen beat before fighting Jones?

If you are arguing Sonnen is good at LHW then go away. We all know he isn't.

While Hughes, Shields and Condit had a comparable record to those LHW greats.
Yes and GSP beat them in their PRIME. JBJ beat them AFTER their prime. When did I argue they were NEVER good? I didn't.

He was not a WW champ in an organization that matters. Rumble could have been champ at 170, 185, 205, and 265 .. if he fought some of them outside the UFC. What's your point? If Silva is a 168lb guy why was he refusing to fight GSP at 170 since Silva is obviously a champ at that weight class?

It doesn't matter where he was a WW champion. There isn't a WW on the planet, let alone the UFC, who could move up to MW, take the title and hold it for years. That is what Anderson did, he took the UFC MW belt. So I don't know why you are bringing up Rumble, because although Rumble did move up, he never held UFC gold like Anderson.

It doesn't matter where he was a WW champion. There isn't a WW on the planet, let alone the UFC, who could move up to MW, take the title and hold it for years. That is what Anderson did, he took the UFC MW belt. So I don't know why you are bringing up Rumble, because although Rumble did move up, he never held UFC gold like Anderson.

I guarantee you Machida can make WW. There are numerous WW fighters bigger than him. He won't perform his best, but he can make WW. Machida can win MW and has won LHW Gold. GSP was a smaller WW and could have made 155 EASY and if not for Edgar he just might have moved to 155 because it was easier for him.

BJ Penn can make 145 and had gold at 155 and 170 and fought higher competitively.

Stop making silly arguments that really are completely meaningless.

If he gets those wins hes clear cut the best mw of all time, but put those wins on tim boetsch and hes the greatest mw of all time too. Its a big reach to say if he wins his next 6 fights against elite conpetition (and sonnen)

I guarantee you Machida can make WW. There are numerous WW fighters bigger than him. He won't perform his best, but he can make WW. Machida can win MW and has won LHW Gold. GSP was a smaller WW and could have made 155 EASY and if not for Edgar he just might have moved to 155 because it was easier for him.

BJ Penn can make 145 and had gold at 155 and 170 and fought higher competitively.

Stop making silly arguments that really are completely meaningless.

Oh, well done troll. I'm done.

All I'm saying is that the level of competition in Lyoto, Rockhold, Jacare, Vitor, etc. is greater than the level of competition in Hendo, Franklin, Griffin, Vitor, Sonnen (Silva's best wins).

Also, he wasn't a WW champion.

Franklin was seen as unbeatable before Anderson tool'd him.

It's funny how differently fighters are viewed as time passes...

Oh, well done troll. I'm done.

What is Hendricks walk around weight? You do know Hendricks has stated he is 200+ when he fights right?

You are done because I destroyed you and posted facts and you have no retort.

FACT: There are WW that are bigger than Machida. Rory, Ellenberger, and a few others are close to 200 on fight night as well. Not walking around weight, fight night weight.

Weidman will lose to Lyoto and then Keep losing his next 3 fight and cut from UFC by DW, a years later peoples will forgot who's that weidman??
His fate is just like his masters that called "who the hell is Serra??"

Back