Weidman vs Lyoto, Luke, Jacare, Vitor, Moose, Sonnen

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Weidman beats all of them would it be better resume than Silva's? I'd say yes. Add to that he beat Anderson 2 times, Maia and Munoz.

That'd be one hell of a resume. Don't know if Weidman will even get passed Machida though.

Maybe UFC resume, but not career resume.

If he beats just 3 of those guys he'll have a better resume than Silva.

Honestly, Silva's resume isn't that impressive.

Tell me how many WW champions moved up to MW to reign as champion than also dominated at LHW 3 times. Not an easy thing to do and is very impressive IMO.

That would be the second best resume of a champion in UFC history.

Ifs are such a stupid question. What if he lost to all of them?

Don't have to go that far, Machida is like 50/50. Take into account his recent surgery, and Machida should be the favorite.

Tell me how many WW champions moved up to MW to reign as champion than also dominated at LHW 3 times. Not an easy thing to do and is very impressive IMO.

All I'm saying is that the level of competition in Lyoto, Rockhold, Jacare, Vitor, etc. is greater than the level of competition in Hendo, Franklin, Griffin, Vitor, Sonnen (Silva's best wins).

Also, he wasn't a WW champion.

uuuummmmmm I think your life isn't that impressive.

Silva was not a UFC WW champ, and he did not fight any true challenges at LHW. He's the #1 or #2 GOAT .. but let's be honest about things.

Very hard to beat GSP's. I still would not put him above Silva for GOAT status, but these are better wins.
If Weidman beats all those guys, then he's behind JBJ in championship resumes. JBJ hands down has the best championship resume of any UFC champion and this is coming from a guy who is a "JBJ's hater".

Says the guy who thinks GSP is better than Anderson.
Resume-wise, he is...

If Weidman beats all those guys, then he's behind JBJ in championship resumes. JBJ hands down has the best championship resume of any UFC champion and this is coming from a guy who is a "JBJ's hater".
This. Especially if Bones beats Gus again and DC.

Says the guy who thinks GSP is better than Anderson.

Because he is?

Tell you what. You think Silva is better and you can stick with Marquardt, Cote, Leites, and Maia are better wins.

I will say GSP is better, and say Machida, Jacare, Mousasi and Anderson Silva are better wins.

tough to say, would be like comparing Jones' record to Anderson's 4 fights ago. One has an impressive streak of high-quality wins, the other has more good wins and fought in 3 divisions. I'd still go with Silva via longevity.

Back