Weidman vs David Branch #1 contender fight should be next?

Liked for pics but Branch should be fighting someone lower, like lyoto, Jacare or Boestch.
Not as low as Boetsch, and lytoto and Jacare just fought. I honestly have no problem with the fight, or the winner getting a shot after Kelvin. i mean, Kelvin, Whittaker and Yoel and it drops off after that. just keep it moving and the belt being defended.

Branch? No. Gastelum will probably get the title shot against the winner of Whittaker vs Romero so he's not an option. I'd put Weidman vs Souza or Rockhold as the next #1 contender's fight, even if they lost their last fight. Branch could either fight the winner of Brunson vs Carlos jr. or, if they really want to throw him in at the deep end again, the loser of the title fight. But Branch needs more than just one more victory to earn a title shot, he's only had one against a ranked opponent in the UFC so far.

I agree. Whittaker fights Yoel, winner fights Kelvin, winner fights Weidman/Branch winner

It makes the most sense to do it this way

I pick Bobby Knucks to win all 3

Everyone looks like an amateur on the ground against RockSalt...Whineman, Bisking, Maceeda, Timmay Botch

The key is to headkick KO rocksalt before he can take you ground...hench what Beltfort did

Branch had a great opportunity when he made rockglasschin back pedal.. To bad he couldn't of landed a good hard shot ..

and your right rocksalt did great with those guys too !!

Branch vs Jacare

Weidman vs Brunson/Carlos Jr winner

Gives the Ufc two legit title contenders

Branch doesn't want to fight Serra Longo fighters. He personally likes Weidman.

Just give Branch direct to Gastelum, Branch will probably win.

Gastelum got given the most kamikaze Middleweight and then the least talented striker of the large wrestlers at 185.

Weidman does not deserve a title shot until he beats the Robert / Yoel loser and then beats the Champ vs Gastelum loser...imo.

I'd have Kelvin above Weidman, I know Weidman beat Kelvin before and is ranked higher but Kelvin's been that much more active and Jacare is a great win for him.

Let's not forget Weidmans 1 fight off a 3 fight losing streak aswell.

I suppose all depends who wins at 225.

I can't believe Branch is being discussed as a contender by the way, the division isn't that shallow.

No because Weidman is still in a cast and his return timeline is towards the end of the year.

Kinda looks like Branch is in no man's land right now..

A lot of guys booked or coming off just having fought

Back