Weidman v Rockhold - the IV Drip factor

Treestump123

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
How much of a role do you think this will play?

It could really hurt The Chris

Rockhold seems huge too though, not sure what he cuts

How much of a role do you think the drip ban will play?

They'll be fine. Even if not,they are both big guys for MW and it will effect the one as well as the other. Won't matter.

Last edited:

attachment.php

Not to put a downer on things, but it potentially ruin what is an ATG match up

Isn't the IV ban easy to cheat? Aldo was claiming he doesn't plan to give a damn about that.

Isn't the IV ban easy to cheat? Aldo was claiming he doesn't plan to give a damn about that.

someone posted a video last night i think the guy was going on about how they can find minute traces of plastic in the sample. im sure there are ways round it - like not having it drip out a plastic bag for one. if you can avoid being detected for drugs im sure you can avoid it for iv solution easy enough

what would be a disaster is if one IVs anyway and the other doesnt and goes on to unfairly destroy his weakened opponent

hopefully they both drip anyway so we get to see them at their best, but its worrying for such huge cutters. can only imagine how much its been gong through their heads

There are some tests for levels of plasticizer in blood, but they're quite vague and you'd need to perform several test in consecutive days to catch the post-infusion spike in the athlete's results. And even than the results are based on collateral markers that can be easily appealed in court if the athlete has a good lawyer. Or, at least that was the standing situation in the world of doping 3 years ago:
http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org/ehs/news/2012/plasticizer-clouds-cyclists-doping-tests

So first, the "tests for plasticizer" are inconclusive.

And, second, testing for it requires a series of tests in the fight week, and I'm not sure all the commissions have their testing standards that high now.

Do either of them use the IV? I know Chris has cut alot of weight before, but have they used the IV in the past?

Back