Weidman still thinks his chin is fine

He could start training with that new, young up & comer Erik Silva ... and be fight ready in weeks .

His chin is fine.
His eye his fine.

Everything is fine because after he loses he goes back to a loving family. lol.

1-5 over the last four years. Dude's family needs to arrange an intervention.

Besides the Gregard debacle, Teh Chris is in fact still my boy.

Wikipedia.png

Confirmed that Chris is still, infact, his father's boy.

<StillMyBoy>

As someone who never liked Weidman, I agree, the Chris has a lot left in the tank. Give him the winner of Volkan/Rakic or main event a Brazilian fight night card against Johnny Walker.
Nah. Let him be Rumble's tune up fight at 205.

Weidman seems to believe he’s still an elite fighter and has just been the victim of bad luck. His team and family really need to have “the talk” with him. He needs to ask himself if he’s ok getting KO’d a few more times and opening himself up to potential, life long brain issues when in all reality, he’s very unlikely to touch a belt again.

He became a UFC champion, defended 3 times, and ended the longest winning streak in UFC history. He’s done enough, he’s just risking his health and reputation by continuing.

His chin may be fine, it's his defense that's the issue.

1-5 over the last four years. Dude's family needs to arrange an intervention.
I have way more experience with substance abuse/ recovery than I do MMA (spectator since 2009) but an intervention is exactly what I believe is needed for guys in this sitch.

He took like 80 punches from Rockhold at the end.
The Romero flying knee would've knocked out anybody. Probably the same with the Gegard Knee
Souza was a heavy blow, I don't remember Reyes, because I was distracted by how weird his alien body looks ^^

Well if he's fighting jhonny walker for real he still has a chance, his chin is probably better then walker chin in the end of the day

Never been knocked cold? Dude you got put out by standing hammerfists.

That wasn't a great shot, it was a standard counter. People are right, his defense is a big part, but his chin has been gone since he got caught in the Machida fight. Vitor was f-cking him up until he got taken down.

His inactivity and constant injuries certainly didn't help.

Last edited:
He's looked awful for a while now

Blame USADA or whatever but the guy who destroyed Munoz and beat Anderson is not even anywhere near to the version from his last few fights

He looks less powerful, less quick and a the rest, I havent seen the prospect of him knocking anyone out with one punch for years

I say if he really wants to fight then maybe one more against a low ranked LHW. There's no shame being KOd by Reyes as he's a top contender but if he gets KTFO by a top 10-15 opponent time to hang it up

He took like 80 punches from Rockhold at the end.
The Romero flying knee would've knocked out anybody. Probably the same with the Gegard Knee
Souza was a heavy blow, I don't remember Reyes, because I was distracted by how weird his alien body looks ^^

That Jacare fight was an absolute war too.

His chin quite possibly is fine, but like others have said he needs to work on his defence a bit.

Weidman has had surgery in every joint including his neck... Kinda like Usman. He looked great up until getting the title, but realistically how much longer can you continue after that? Dudes held together by stitches and scar tissue.

That actually soured me on him permanently. It was greasy.

that was one of the shadiest things i've ever seen a fighter attempt in the octagon. greg hardy's inhaler is a close second lol. if you go back and look at the post-fight interview with weidman, he's there totally embarrassed and apologizing, while longo and serra were wishing they were far away from him lol. man, getting exposed in public like that has got to suck.

Back