Weidman is going to tool Luke on the feet.

If Rockhold can keep it on the feet for a couple rounds then I think he can start landing body kicks without getting taken down. He kicks hard. We'll see what happens. Weidman is the rightful favorite but Rockhold is a great challenger. Jacare and Romero are great challengers as well. Weidman ain't holding that belt forever.

It's incredible how the top of the middleweight division looks now'

Rockhold is a very worthy challenger, but I personally don't think he holds and advantage anywhere against Weidman.
Maybe Rockhold has an edge in cardio that he can exploit.
If Rockhold beats The Chris, it'll end up looking exactly like how Luke beat Jacare.

Reasonable point of view. I'm going to consider it. I'll need to re watch some footage of their striking. Honestly, I've been so impressed with Luke's kicking game and grappling that I haven't paid attention to his hands.

Chin is also something worth considering. He withstood some Machida bombs. That's saying something.

Stunned by how many people are saying this will be ridiculously easy for The Chris. Don't see that being the case at all.

Rockhold will be the 5th fight in a row where The Chris will face a southpaw.

TS Nailed it. Chris out-struck Lyoto Machida. Lyoto was giving Luke fits until Lukey Boy got that lucky, accidental knockdown.

There's zero question Chris is the superior striker.

Rockhold punches with the speed of a turtle. He has power, but you can't be a wind up striker against Chris. I'm starting to think this might be Chris's easiest title defense to date.

And Luke can kick all he wants, he's just going to get taken down, and beat on. Yeah, he has good JJ, but that's his top game. When Chris is on top of you, your JJ goes out the window.

Chris by being a much better MMA fighter.

IMO, Romero is going to be Chris's toughest fight. Same problem arises for Souza, but in a different aspect. While he's explosive, his striking is like a beginner level kick boxer. Keeps his eyes closed, and head down. Chin all the way in the air.

even if luke does somehow get blown out in the first round or something, you'd be stupid to think he doesn't stand a great chance.

dunno why people are still sleeping on rockhold.

TS Nailed it. Chris out-struck Lyoto Machida. Lyoto was giving Luke fits until Lukey Boy got that lucky, accidental knockdown.

really wasn't even a knockdown, he was off balance from throwing the straight left and luke's arm pushed him down.

Luke wins because Weidman loses the biggest advantage he has had against those he has faced so far. His size advantage.

Luke wins because Weidman loses the biggest advantage he has had against those he has faced so far. His size advantage.

Everyone says this, but when has Rockhold fought a bigger MW? Machida?? Phillippou? Bisping? Weidman has already beaten one, but not the other two, but in general he has fought better fighters.

I think Weidman beats him. He needs to watch out for Luke's grappling though and his ability to scramble.

I have a feeling that Luke is going to try and work the body, as well.

I think you're overrating Weidman and underrating Rockhold and Jacare.

Weidman is great and could definitely beat both guys, but I think you're wrong in intimating it would be easy. You're considering their flaws while ignoring Weidman's.

Chris is quite slow, is quite hittable, has no kicking game, and we've never ever seen what he fights like if he is unable to take his opponent down.

With this mind, I think both Rockhold and Jacare could pose him serious, serious problems. The Chris is accustomed to fighting only smaller, older, physically weaker Brazilian strikers in recent years. Two guys who can match him for strength and grappling technique will be very different ball games. Don't be naive.

I'm quite surprised so few seem to see this.

Not sure why people keep overlooking Rockholds stand-up game. I give him the advantage on the feet against most other middleweights, including Weidman.

I don't think anyone is overlooking Rockholds stand-up game. It is good.

But Weidman has outstruck EVERYONE, he beat Anderson standing twice and Machida as well.

I could be wrong but I think Chris is better everywhere, and he is tougher and grittier of the two. When push comes to shove, I think Rockhold will give Weidman all he has and his confidence will shrivel when his best shot gets eaten like candy and Weidman hits him back with those bombs.

Luke is a great martial artist and a fighter. Weidman is a fucking truck.

It is hard seeing either guy lose for the most part as both are extremely well rounded with KO power. So putting them up against each other leaves me with no idea. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Luke got the "W" but i am hoping for Chris.

And he looked like a buffoon when he was getting tagged at will by Machida. He'd get hit, look like he didn't even know where it came from, and get turned. He lands that forearm hook that drops (really, it was like a trip) Machida. It was his GnP that did any damage to Machida.

Back