Weidman: If I would've lost to Silva I'd be thinking about if he was on PEDs

No, you've been mislead and accepted it..

The comment is

meaning, he didn't have to consider Anderson on PEDS, because it didn't matter. He won. If Weidman lost, he may be scrambling for reasons and PEDs would have crossed his mind.

OK, after the third correction, i have to respond. I accept the fact english is not my first language so i may have misunderstood. What was so cardinally wrong with my wording of what Weidman said? "if i lost" vs "If he won". Is it not the same thing?

I still think it's kind of pompous of Weidman for him to think/imply the only reason he could've lost in a combat sport (and by what many condsider a GOAT fighter) if his opponent used PEDs...

OK, after the third correction, i have to respond. I accept the fact english is not my first language so i may have misunderstood. What was so cardinally wrong with my wording of what Weidman said? "if i lost" vs "If he won". Is it not the same thing?

I still think it's kind of pompous of Weidman for him to think/imply the only reason he could've lost in a combat sport (and by what many condsider a GOAT fighter) if his opponent used PEDs...

But that is what everyone has been trying to explain to you.

Weidman doesn't have to care whether or not Anderson was on PEDs because he beat him regardless. To him it's not something he has to think about. It would be to someone who lost to Anderson, they have a reason to doubt now.

If Chris had lost and then Anderson would have been caught roiding, Chris would have had to question whether or not Anderson was juiced against him too. Which is what Andersons opponents now have to think about since he is a proven cheat.

Weidman is not saying he can't lose to clean fighters, he is saying if he lost to someone who afterward turned to be a cheat and a liar, he would have questions whether or not they were clean against him or not.

It's pretty clear. He answered a question by MMA reporter.

I still think it's kind of pompous of Weidman for him to think/imply the only reason he could've lost in a combat sport

I don't think it's only reason he would have considered.

But it's being discussed because it really happened.

But that is what everyone has been trying to explain to you.

Weidman doesn't have to care whether or not Anderson was on PEDs because he beat him regardless. To him it's not something he has to think about. It would be to someone who lost to Anderson, they have a reason to doubt now.

If Chris had lost and then Anderson would have been caught roiding, Chris would have had to question whether or not Anderson was juiced against him too. Which is what Andersons opponents now have to think about since he is a proven cheat.

Weidman is not saying he can't lose to clean fighters, he is saying if he lost to someone who afterward turned to be a cheat and a liar, he would have questions whether or not they were clean against him or not.

It's pretty clear. He answered a question by MMA reporter.

Thanks for the explanation. My bad, i guess. I just can't shake off my first impression of what he said. I'm probably affected of how i feel about Weidman. Hint: i don't like him.

Cheers

Dubs - fighter bashing LOL.

He should probably not speak in public anymore. And dude wonders why he is not marketed the same as other champs. I bet the UFC can't wait for him to lose.

There wasn't anything remotely offensive or out-of-line about what Weidman said you overly sensitive nanny. I can smell your butthurt through the computer.

I don't think it's only reason he would have considered.

But it's being discussed because it really happened.

We don't know when and how long Anderson was taking PEDs. He could have been taking it all his career or he could have just started taking it after his loss to Weidman. Truth is none of us know.

I don't think people have much grasped the brilliance of Weidman's wry sense of humor.

Which honestly isn't too hard to believe, given the mindset of a typical fan.

I don't think people have much grasped the brilliance of Weidman's wry sense of humor.

Which honestly isn't too hard to believe, given the mindset of a typical fan.

You might be right about that. So many people keep saying he has no personality, and I find him quite funny. Sense of humor is subjective.

We don't know when and how long Anderson was taking PEDs. He could have been taking it all his career or he could have just started taking it after his loss to Weidman. Truth is none of us know.

What i find ridiculous is that no one is questioning anyone else in this regard. Only Anderson. They just can't let it go. I mean, yes, his explanations are laughable, but still. No need to question his entire career.

Chael, probably the biggest offender next to Barnett, get absolutely no heat about the issue.

I agree it's unprofessional for professional athletes to gain an advantage through illegal measures and get offended when they get called out on it after being proven guilty.

Yeah according to first test - while the second found him clean at weigh in day

and for diaz the first test found him clean on fight day and the second found him dirty.

If silva had any decent lawyers he had a ton of doubt on how valid these tests are.

Back