Weidman: If I would've lost to Silva I'd be thinking about if he was on PEDs

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
While the way Silva's case has played out is unfortunate, Weidman hasn't wasted much headspace wondering whether "The Spider" came into either of their fights with an unfair chemical advantage.

"If I would've lost to him, I'd be thinking that," Weidman admitted. "(But) because I beat him, it's whatever. I'm not putting too much thought into that. It doesn't make a difference if he was on it or not on it."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/23/9173529/chris-weidman-on-anderson-silva-people-dont-like-liars

I'm a big fan of Weidman but whenever a guy constantly bashes other athletes for PED use, it makes me a little suspicious of them.

I'm a big fan of Weidman but whenever a guy constantly bashes other athletes for PED use, it makes me a little suspicious of them.

Yah and it's also extremely unprofessional.

I agree it's unprofessional for professional athletes to gain an advantage through illegal measures and get offended when they get called out on it after being proven guilty.

Dubs - fighter bashing LOL.

He should probably not speak in public anymore. And dude wonders why he is not marketed the same as other champs. I bet the UFC can't wait for him to lose.

Dubs - fighter bashing LOL.

He should probably not speak in public anymore. And dude wonders why he is not marketed the same as other champs. I bet the UFC can't wait for him to lose.

Fighter bashing? The fuck are you talking about,did we read the same quote?

And where is your logic behind that? Someone being 100% clean can't talk about others using ped without bringing suspicions on himself? What the fuck kind of stupid logic is that?

imo Weidman has Silva's number although it's very hard to say how he would've fared against the Anderson that knocked out Rich Franklin twice before he started getting old, but then again his performances before getting KOed were pretty fucking awesome as well.

One thing a lot of people I talk to ignore is that despite the way their 2nd fight ended, Weidman came VERY close to stopping Silva in the 1st round with GNP and was dominating him in general. I don't think he gets enough respect as an athlete and part of it is because he's not flashy and charismatic.

Hope he wrecks Rockhold. Rockhold, while I obviously can't prove anything is pretty fucking jacked.

And where is your logic behind that?

Possible PR shield, but I'm speaking in general terms and I'm not trying to attack Weidman. Chill the fuck out.

Makes me a lot suspicious tbh. Some guys just haven't been caught yet and I'm not saying Weidman in a juicer but if somewhere down the road he takes something he shouldn't have either by accident or otherwise it's going to seem like he had something to hide all this time.

He said nothing wrong. Guy gets asked a question and he answers it truthfully and you guys have an issue with that?

Silva is a known cheat now, everyone will wonder if he was on the sauce for a long time. People who have fought him and especially those who have lost to him must wonder.

Weidman increasingly comes across as pretty arrogant without the charisma to back it up. Stick to fighting.

Whatever, dude. As if the only way you can lose is if your opponent is juiced. You're not as good as you think, Chris .

Whatever, dude. As if the only way you can lose is if your opponent is juiced. You're not as good as you think, Chris .

Nah,he is just as good as he thinks,that why he beats everybody.

how about anderson wondering if he lost because of weidman on something...turn the tables on this thread

I agree it's unprofessional for professional athletes to gain an advantage through illegal measures and get offended when they get called out on it after being proven guilty.

100% this.... PED cheats are ruining sports.

Weidman increasingly comes across as pretty arrogant without the charisma to back it up. Stick to fighting.

I seriously don't get what the fuck you are talking about. Can you explain what was ARROGANT in what he said?

He was asked a question about Silvas roiding, he gave an honest answer "I haven't thought of it much but if I had lost I bet I'd be thinking about it"

Do you know what arrogant means?

Back