Weidman has the GOAT strength of schedule...

You know what, many disowned The Chris after losing the title but I respect that he's still your boy after everything that happened.
I hated that he lost to Rocksalt, but I wont abandon him now, he's my boy for God's sake.

His time at the very top is most likely done but who knows maybe he hits gold again

... for nine consecutive fights.

1. Anderson (wins belt)
2. Anderson
3. Machida
4. Vitor
5. Rockhold (loses belt)
6. Romero
7. Mousasi
8. Gastelum
9. Rockhold

Any debate on this? Just pointing out a fact that is often obscured under a mountain of complaining about his personality.
Dan henderson.

His defense against Lyoto was something special.

I don't think Machida was diminished for that fight really.

There was a lot going on in that fight to marvel at by both men.

It's up there. But you can find stretches like this in many guy's careers, once you're a champ you're gonna be facing a bunch of killers in a row.

The Anderson wins are great obviously, but other than that he hasn't really accomplished all that much. Both Lyoto and Vitor were past their primes and off the juice when Weidman took them out.
Nah, revisionist history. Machida was at his apex, even from a basic physique check that is so often used here. He was coming off the Mousasi win where he looked great and was billed as the most dangerous guy possible for Chris (a wrestling killer finally at his proper weight class). Their fight was a year before USADA, 2 years before his DHEA bust.

In terms of any champ facing killers... yeah you'd hope, but then again post a SPECIFIC 9-fight strength of schedule HARDER than what Chris had. Use any division/any time period in the whole sport. No one in this thread is posting an alternative.
Dan henderson.
Big Hendo fan and obviously his career-long strength of schedule was fucking insane (possibly GOAT for a career as a whole)... but which 9 consecutive fights tops Weidman's last 9?

Nah

Anderson and Vitor were past their primes

Or in Vitor's case off the juice
Post the 9 fights someone else had that were better then.

And Vitor is literally the only guy that was any deviation from white-hot at the time of their fight. Anderson was pre-USADA and fresh off matrix-finishes of Okami-Sonnen 2-and Bonnar so nah. At the time some people were trying to say he should be fighting Jon Jones, not Weidman.

It's definitely up there. Romero's is very good too, but maybe a little less than Weidman.

Whittaker
Rockhold
Whittaker
The Chris
Jacare
Machida
Tim Kennedy
Tavares
Brunson
Good one.

Lol and at his most dominant... THIS guy dismantling many of those names... was allowed to be ducked by Bisping. Pathetic.

The Anderson wins are great obviously, but other than that he hasn't really accomplished all that much. Both Lyoto and Vitor were past their primes and off the juice when Weidman took them out.

Friendly reminder that Lyoto beat the shit out of Sherdog's golden boy Mousasi in the title eliminator in the fight before.

50-42’d Moose
324593.jpg

I always knew you were one of the smart ones, BC.

I can acknowledge the Chris’ skills even though he did voodoo and black magic to defeat Anderson twice.

I do suspect The Chris to own one of those remotes that Adam Sandler had in the movie Click and he used it to defeat Anderson, when Anderson threw the kick in the rematch, Chris hit pause and Tanya Harding’d Anderson with a bat.

Having said that, The Chris is tough and talented and would smash Mousasi in a rematch.

I can acknowledge the Chris’ skills even though he did voodoo and black magic to defeat Anderson twice.

I do suspect The Chris to own one of those remotes that Adam Sandler had in the movie Click and he used it to defeat Anderson, when Anderson threw the kick in the rematch, Chris hit pause and Tanya Harding’d Anderson with a bat.

Having said that, The Chris is tough and talented and would smash Mousasi in a rematch.

Hm, it is possible that The Chris temporarily broke the matrix, causing Anderson's leg to break in half. I'm gonna look into it.

I've never seen unwarranted hate for a fighter more than chris weidman on sherdog

the guy fought fucking killers, had highlight reel finishes and never took an easy fight

Before he beat Kelvin, Kelvin was a future MW goat according to sherdog. Then he choked him out and all of a sudden kelvin was just a fat welterweight.

Then, a few months later, somehow Kelvin is a title contender again.

Hm, it is possible that The Chris temporarily broke the matrix, causing Anderson's leg to break in half. I'm gonna look into it.

Jamie pull up Chris Weidman shirtless JACKED

Nah, revisionist history. Machida was at his apex, even from a basic physique check that is so often used here. He was coming off the Mousasi win where he looked great and was billed as the most dangerous guy possible for Chris (a wrestling killer finally at his proper weight class). Their fight was a year before USADA, 2 years before his DHEA bust.

In terms of any champ facing killers... yeah you'd hope, but then again post a SPECIFIC 9-fight strength of schedule HARDER than what Chris had. Use any division/any time period in the whole sport. No one in this thread is posting an alternative.

Big Hendo fan and obviously his career-long strength of schedule was fucking insane (possibly GOAT for a career as a whole)... but which 9 consecutive fights tops Weidman's last 9?

Hendo had two stretches that were pretty insane.

06-10
Vitor, Wanderlei, Rampage, Silva, Palhares, Franklin, Bisping, Shields, Sobral

11-15
Fedor, Shogun, Machida, Evans, Vitor, Shogun, DC, Mousasi, Boetsch (he then went Vitor, Lombard, Bisping to finish his career)

Back