Weidman Fans' favorite MMAth hopefully will die tonight, RIP...

I will give Anderson another shot at the belt, this time I'll make him famous on the break that I do to him.

My god just eat your crow.

I did, i thought Weidman was out of his depth against Silva before the fight. But they weren't fluke wins, Weidman right now is better than Anderson Silva hands down and brutalized him twice now.

Silva still has a greater legacy, was a greater champion etc. And Silva of course COULD win a third matchup but that's not a revelation its mma and Silva is dangerous it could happen.

But most educated would be picking Weidman to comfortably win a third time, which is why we don't want to see it.

Lets see if Silva can matrix Diaz, that will tell us a lot. If he struggles on the feet against Diaz and looks slow its time to retire.

i have a feeling they will fight again. we'll see.

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

62.gif

Poor Silva fans hahahaha they will never get over him getting Battered by weidman lol.

Chris Weidman: 3rd Fight with Anderson Silva Would Be an 'Easy Payday'

Spider is 10 years elder than Chris.
Bendo and Cerrone are same age.

Spider has always struggled with good wrestlers (like Chris).
Cerrone doesn't show real weaknesses against other well-rounded wrestlers (like Bendo).

In 4 rounds fought, Spider lost 2 to Chris and was T(KO)ed in other 2.
In 6 rounds fought, Donald lost 3, won 2 and was subbed in 1.

It'll be about year and a half between fights if Silva gets himself a Weidman-Silva 3.
It's been almost 5 years since Bendo has fought Cowboy for the last time.

Even if it's a trilogy, the situations are completely different.

Biggest difference of course being that Henderson and Cerrone were still very early in their careers (maybe 3-4 years in) while Silva was the best P4P fighter on the planet and basically as good as he's getting when he fought Weidman, who is still relatively young in his career and only getting better.

Even the Jackson-Wand 3 fight happened like 4 years after their 2nd fight where Page was still growing as a fighter while Wand pretty much stayed the same or arguably was on the downslide.

Exactly. Well said. There's a difference between guys fighting at different points in their careers, and Silva fighting Weidman 3 times out of 4 fights at the end of his career.

Wand/Rampage already proved this as would a 3rd meeting between Hughes and Hallman.

We don't need MMAth to determine that Chris is better than Anderson. We just need to see the result of both of their fights.

I don't completely disagee with you TS. I think Anderson would stand a reasonable chance of winning a 3rd fight (lets say... 20%), but by saying "because Cerrone..." or "because Rampage..." you are also using MMAmath as well. As others have said, different circumstances, different fighters.

except a lot of people thought that cowboy won the first fight. where as The chris Stopped siliva twice in brutal fashion

Wand killed rampage twice and then lost to him the third time

What the fuck is wrong with you TS? Seriously? Do you think anyone is going to read that and take it seriously at all? Go find your ritalin

Pretty sure 99% of people talk mmath tongue-in-cheek.
Relax OP.

I think Benson is gonna go 3-0. 15 days isn't enough rest time before facing a guy of his caliber.

if 2009 Anderson Silva fought Weidman then he would have easily won. It was Weidman`s second year as a pro.

Weidmen 2013 beats Anderson 2013 everytime though. It happens every time in sports. It doesn`t necessarily mean that Weidman is a better fighter in the long run, will have to see how is career pans out in the future.

Back