Weidman Fans' favorite MMAth hopefully will die tonight, RIP...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Liberte Egalite, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Liberte Egalite

Liberte Egalite White Belt

Silva haters and Weidman fans have been filling Sherdog with statements like:
    "Weidman beat Silva TWICE, THEREFORE he's the better fighter and would beat ANY version of Silva ANYTIME, "there's no point in another fight"

Well, tonight we'll see CERRONE facing HENDERSON for the third time, after 2 legit wins for the latter.
    And there's a BIG chance that the Cowboy gets not only a win, but a big KO (TKO).
    We'll see!

For those who say Weidman is better than Silva because he's bigger/ stronger/ more versatile/ the better grappler/ striker, etc, we have to respect, these are very defendable opinions.

But it's absolutely S-T-U-P-I-D to say that he would beat Silva everytime because of his 2 wins, and that a 3rd fight would have "inevitably" Weidman as the winner.

(In fact we've already seen this happen: Rampage KOed Wanderley Silva easily on their 3rd fight, after being TKO/KOed by Silva on their 2 previous fights; one of them very impressively... Silva left Rampage 'half-dead' on the ropes like clothes drying on the clothesline).

Anyway... WAY TO GO COWBOY!!!
    Show-them-all that 2 defeats for the same opponent doesn't take your chances in a third fight!!! :p

Would like to hear your opinions, Cowboy/ Weidman/ Silva fans or haters!

2. Rico

Rico Franklin Platinum Member

What?

3. Deleroux

Deleroux Purple Belt

As if MMAmath was ever valid anyway.

4. Magx951

Magx951 Banned Banned

really obvious this is a troll account. But anyways....

Weidman absolutely dominated every facet of the fight in both fights. He outstuck him and out wrestled him in both fights. IT WAS NOT CLOSE.

Donald Cerrone and Benson Henderson actually had competitive fights.

5. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

Good point and i agree. The thing is, we will never know. We just have to go by what happened.

6. jayBMX

jayBMX Brown Belt

Let it go dude

7. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

Or, you know, just look at Wand/Rampage trilogy. Not that it would matter anyway since each of these situations is vastly different.

8. Got GOAT

Got GOAT Banned Banned

Get on your real account or GTFO. Oh, and quit crying about the Weidman > Silva threads and posts. Silva has his legacy and Weidman has Anderson's skull. Deal wid it.

9. theanticool

theanticool Brown Belt

Biggest difference of course being that Henderson and Cerrone were still very early in their careers (maybe 3-4 years in) while Silva was the best P4P fighter on the planet and basically as good as he's getting when he fought Weidman, who is still relatively young in his career and only getting better.

Even the Jackson-Wand 3 fight happened like 4 years after their 2nd fight where Page was still growing as a fighter while Wand pretty much stayed the same or arguably was on the downslide.

10. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

How did i know Weidman was in your sig before i even looked? You clearly lack the ability to watch a fight with your fave fighter objectively. I too have that problem sometimes, but come on. I never watched the second fight but Weidman didnt dominate shit in the first fight

11. Cdizzle

Cdizzle Green Belt

why is everyone acting like cerrone didnt win the first fight?

did no one watch it?

12. CarloSpcyWeiner

CarloSpcyWeiner Desert Eagle, .50 Platinum Member

Weidman beat Silva twice. Therefor, he's a better fighter.

13. schwe30

schwe30 Black Belt

I'm gonna laugh at the OP when Cerrone loses. lol at people thinking he's gonna win just because he beat a few people in a row.

14. Kneeuinthenutz

Kneeuinthenutz Steel Belt

Miyagi Do - Cobra Kai Dojo Kicking Major Ass.
    You obviously put a great deal of thought into this.

Considering Cerrone arguably won their first encounter, and close to nothing other than the finish occurred in the 2nd fight?

IT's an incredibly horrible comparison.

Weidman not only made Silva look completely useless in both fights, he made him look foolish. These were not even slightly competitive events.

So basically, I'd consider rethinking your position.

Bottom line is that Weidman is an incredibly horrible match up for Silva.

Cerrone and Bendo match up very evenly.

I would hope anyone can see this.

15. Magx951

Magx951 Banned Banned

In the first fight Weidman landed solid ground and pound and silva didn't have a real answer other than leg kicks which didn't help at all in the long run. He didn't dominate with a second round KO? okay.

Watch the second fight before commenting on how the fights went, as well. In the second fight Weidman had a HUGE knockdown in round 1 due to what If I remember correctly was a hook inside the clinch.

The fights weren't close. I wasn't even a huge weidman fan back then, lmao. I was just rooting for him because he had the perfect skillset to change the look of the division.

16. Workaholic

Workaholic Silver Belt

Silva huggers are getting real desperate

17. someone wasnt around for wand/rampage 3

and silva can fight weidman 8 more times if he wants, he'll keep getting wrecked. you can chalk it up to being in mma for decades and still not knowing how to stop a double without grabbing shorts.

18. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

Rewatched it when the UFC put it on Youtube and in fact I did score it for him, and I'm a guy who will gladly defend the Edgar/Melendez/Thomson decisions.

19. trblesome1

trblesome1 Silver Belt

I dont even know where to begin explaining how stupid this thread is so just wasteland it and save people the trouble

20. barrabarra

barrabarra Orange Belt

So, are you saying that, even though Anderson beat Sonnen and Franklin twice, it doesn't make him the better fighter, and he wouldn't beat ANY version of these fighters ANYTIME? Is that what you're saying? Am I getting it right?