Weidman: Embarrassing that Bisping is champ

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"There’s a chance he’s beating Dan Henderson, but I don’t think there’s much of a chance he’s beating anyone else in the top five. There is a chance he will win and hold the belt. It’s surreal when people ask me who the champion is in my weight class and I have to say Michael Bisping. It’s a little embarrassing, but, it’s the way it goes. Honestly, all power to him, he went out there on short notice and knocked out Luke Rockhold in the first round. More power to him. I just don’t think he is the best champion we’ve seen. I just never thought he was championship material, to be honest with you. It was far-fetched for him to get a title shot, he was at the right place, right time when I got injured and he had the opportunity to step up and win the belt. He made it work, but, before that, he was in the UFC for how long and he never fought for the belt. So for him to fight for the belt and become champion, it’s definitely a weird thing to let soak in."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/8/8/12...say-michael-bisping-middleweight-champion-mma

no chris
giphy.gif

that is embarrassing

LOL he KO'd Rockhold silly who smashed him. WTF he on about?

He ktfo of Luke Rockhold who beat your ass. Keep crying, Chris Whinedman.

The Chris has no chill. Mike destroyed the very guy he lost his belt to in the first round. He's entitled to his own opinion and all, but still watch what you say, brother.

That's still my boy though.

Still bitter? Just stay healthy and fight, does he have a fight lined up yet?

Remember when Chris used to likeable? Even his dad is probably thinking "he's not my boy anymore" when the Chris starts displaying such high levels of salt.

It's embarrassing that he's the champ and you aren't, Chris. That's it, isn't it?

That said, he's kinda right, you know. I mean, before Weidman dropped out of that fight, what were the odds of Bisping ever getting a shot, never mind actually winning? It WAS hard to imagine happening. I'm glad he did it, but it wasn't exactly bound to happen, and not many people gave Bisping much of a chance of winning that fight against Rockhold (a "gift", and "easiest defense he's ever going to have", were two phrases I recall reading repetitively before that fight).

I really think Bisping has a very solid shot at beating Weidman. I think he can wear him down and beat him up.

Down, up.

Yeah, just like that.

So much butt hurt in this thread lol. Before Bisping pulled off the miracle, no one was thinking that Bisping would ever be champ, let alone get a title shot. Props to Bisping for winning but what does he do first as new champ? Call out Dan Henderson. That's more embarrassing than anything else mentioned in this thread so far.

Last edited:
I don't think Bisping is a top 10 MW but I don't know if I'd call him embarrassing. I just find it strange that he's the champ and fighting someone super irrelevant. It makes the MW division look odd.

and all the shame is on you "he is still my boy".

I'm far from a Weidman fan, BUT:

People can hate all they want, but Weidman is totally right.

Though really opinionated he hasn't lied about anything

Even if everything he said is true, Bisping still won the title fair and square

He ktfo of Luke Rockhold who beat your ass. Keep crying, Chris Whinedman.
Don't really think he's crying!! Do you think Bisping is the best at MW? Bisping made the most of his opportunity but can't say he will be a long term champ.

rather classless of weidman.

i hope he breaks his leg getting that leg kick checked.

Back