Media Weidman Back At Middleweight

big dude at MW . he looked different now

Problem with Weidman is that chin. He is like Chuck, Rockhold, Garbrandt, Arvolski, Reem....one shot lands and it is over.
prime weidman had a really good chin..the fight with lyoto he ate shots like it was nothing

Just make Weidman the official MW top 10 gatekeeper at this point. For his sake

Ahhh shit...I like Weidman, he seems like such a nice friggin guy...but goddamn, please hang 'em up. This is coming from a true fan, not a hater.

He has said "he feels better than he ever has before" before getting murked more than enough times, already.
He tried to reinvent himself at 205, was talking about how he'd beat Jon Jones, and lost his first bout at 205. By KO, AGAIN.

I don't want this great guy to get destroyed again and become a sad joke. We got great memories of this guy, great skillset, great size, great personality. Please, please allow us to remember you as a champion, not as a guy who just wouldn't retire when he clearly should have, and became a gatekeeper at best before leaving the sport.

Always been a fan of weidman but geez he needs to think about his health at this point of his life

He’s nearing BJ Penn Status when Dana just needs to say No.

Actually not that bad. With his lone win against Kelvin. If he loses brutally again he should call it a career.
View attachment 723721
goodness gracious! I didn't know it was this bad. And this was the man who was going to teach Jon Jones a lesson and clean out the LHW division.

He just can't not be a douche. "I can't wait to shut up all the haters!"
I don't think Weidman is a douche...

But yeah, saying he wants to shut haters up is besides the point, here. The haters won't mind watching him get KO'd a couple more times. I think it's mostly his fans who don't want to see him fight again (myself included).

My thoughts are either put him in with a sub guy like shoe face so he at least doesn't get ko'd or put him in with a decent puncher like Tavares and see where his fight IQ is at. If Tavares KO's him then we know he hasn't learned any thing and if ACJr knocks him out then their will be know excuse about the killers who knocked him out

prime weidman had a really good chin..the fight with lyoto he ate shots like it was nothing
Yea, he really did have a great chin early in his career, so did Chuck Liddell. Unfortunately, once that chin is cracked a few times it becomes an on/off switch, activated with the slightest pressure.

I don't think Weidman is a douche...

But yeah, saying he wants to shut haters up is besides the point, here. The haters won't mind watching him get KO'd a couple more times. I think it's mostly his fans who don't want to see him fight again (myself included).
I'm a fan too. I would like to see him a couple more times, just not against the beasts he's been fighting.

He’s nearing BJ Penn Status when Dana just needs to say No.

Actually not that bad. With his lone win against Kelvin. If he loses brutally again he should call it a career.
View attachment 723721
All 5 losses were absolutely brutal. Maybe he could model with Rockhold or sell real estate with Al? It's time to do something else. The Romero and Rockhold fights ended his career. I like Chris, thanks for the memories but time to move along.

That's a murderer's row with former and potential champions.

Chris needs to fight guys that aren't that great the next few bouts.
He needs to take the Conor route. Find somebody with a big name that seems like a top contender but is a can.

He fought the best in his last fights
Reyes - title contender
Romero - title contender
Gas - title contender
Rockhold - champion
Mousasi - all time great
Jacare - top fighter, experienced

Not to mention Vitor, Maia, Machida, Silva.

He is 36. I dont see him winning another title, but he can beat ranked guys at MW.
That's an impressive list of opponents, and an interesting perspective indeed.

It's all about whether this guy accepts being a gatekeeper at this point. He needs to. That's really all that is left to him at this point, unfortunately. I could understand that he at least wants to leave the sport on a positive note, with a W. But the guy dethroned Silva, had a nice title reign...I'm just hoping that a guy that nice doesn't become a joke like BJ Penn.

I'm a fan too. I would like to see him a couple more times, just not against the beasts he's been fighting.
Yeah, you know what? He'd make a solid gatekeeper for sure!

Back