Weidman 205

Maxi157

White Belt
Reaction score
Do you think Weidman pulls a Spider and does a few 205 fights just because.. Spider beat Thompson and griffin.. Or is he just talking like he could rule 205?

He's got some tough fights ahead of him at 185 so he should focus on that. He has said in the past though that he would be down for a fight with Jones at some point.

Ya I just was thinking to get in the GOAT convo he'd have to emulate spider a little, so taking on a 205 for fun would start that process, I know at 185 he's got some challenges ahead, Rockhold to start

Also who the fuck is Thompson? Did colossus have a underground fight with Andy that I am not aware of?

If the IV ban sticks, we may find out sooner than later.

Maybe after he clears out the 3 guys ahead. I think eventually weidman will fight at 205, he's been pretty vocal about it

I don't think he gets past rockhold but if he does, I think he would do well against 5-10 of the top ten. DC, Gus, Rumble, and Jones wreck him.

I think he'd do ok with Rumble and maybe give DC a good fight but Gus and jones would def get him... But I don't think he gets out of his next few defenses with the belt, if he can beat Rockhold which I don't have him doing, Jacare, And I'd like Diaz to take a shot at him he looked good at 185 vs silva and he was hurt a lil, if he can get a win give him a shot but if he gets three wins he'll move up more great fights at 205, bader, Evans,

I don't think any champ will just take a fight out of his weight class anymore. Shits different now. At least not for the foreseeable future.

Weidman is a beast but hard to see guys like Bones, DC and Gus not fucking him up pretty badly.

I don't think he gets past rockhold but if he does, I think he would do well against 5-10 of the top ten. DC, Gus, Rumble, and Jones wreck him.

This.

Especially Jones, he's outmatched almost everywhere.

Weidman better wait until Jones moves to HW (if he eventually does) because otherwise he is going to get destroyed.

That's why I was thinking if he gets past Rockhold do a 205 before Jones gets back like a teaser, then get ready for Jacare, then if Jones is back take s top 5 guy maybe rumble if he wins it sets up a super fight if not stay at 185 win two more and walk away...

Gustafsson would be his toughest fight at LHW. His TDD, size, power, speed, length, chin, mobility, and slick boxing would be a real test for Weidman. Despite Gus coming off his first ever TKO loss, he'd be a formidable challenge for Weidman and is also good at scrambling back to the feet (see the Jones fight).

Jones doesn't have the power to really make Weidman worry too much and Weidman's footwork is on a different level than Jones'. Jon would struggle, at least at first, to take Weidman down too. I can practically guarantee it due to Weidman's reflexes, range control and TDD being so damn good.

Weidman is a beast but hard to see guys like Bones, DC and Gus not fucking him up pretty badly.

I think DC is a competitive fight, I can see him doing well. As for Gus and Jones?? Gus would beat him to a decision or a late TKO, Jones would wreck him. JOnes is just better everywhere and bigger + more athletic.

he still has at least 3 guys in his division that can, and probably will, give him problems.

Super fights / going up in weight for one-offs only make sense with a dominant champion. defending 2-3 times =/= dominant champion. He has less fights than most of the roster. I know people love to hop on nuts of winners but he's still got a lot to prove after going on his brazilian geriatric tour.

I think he has the tools to beat everyone at 185 or 205. I think there are a few guys who can beat him. He's really really big. I don't he'd be small for 205

He has a size advantage in 99% of his fights now, plus he has some of the best takedowns in the sport. His ground and pound IS the best. He should just continue to dominate. At the end of the day he is the champion and he has a family. Why mess with any of that??

Back