Weidman 205

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Maxi157, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Maxi157

Maxi157 White Belt

Do you think Weidman pulls a Spider and does a few 205 fights just because.. Spider beat Thompson and griffin.. Or is he just talking like he could rule 205?

2. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

He's got some tough fights ahead of him at 185 so he should focus on that. He has said in the past though that he would be down for a fight with Jones at some point.

3. Despotic

Despotic Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Thompson was a beast

4. Maxi157

Maxi157 White Belt

Ya I just was thinking to get in the GOAT convo he'd have to emulate spider a little, so taking on a 205 for fun would start that process, I know at 185 he's got some challenges ahead, Rockhold to start

5. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

Also who the fuck is Thompson? Did colossus have a underground fight with Andy that I am not aware of?

6. Maxi157

Maxi157 White Belt

I Meant James Irvin

7. Tito’s Juice Box

Tito’s Juice Box Let’s get smashed.

If the IV ban sticks, we may find out sooner than later.

8. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Maybe after he clears out the 3 guys ahead. I think eventually weidman will fight at 205, he's been pretty vocal about it

9. Undead GnP

Undead GnP Orange Belt

I don't think he gets past rockhold but if he does, I think he would do well against 5-10 of the top ten. DC, Gus, Rumble, and Jones wreck him.

10. Maxi157

Maxi157 White Belt

I think he'd do ok with Rumble and maybe give DC a good fight but Gus and jones would def get him... But I don't think he gets out of his next few defenses with the belt, if he can beat Rockhold which I don't have him doing, Jacare, And I'd like Diaz to take a shot at him he looked good at 185 vs silva and he was hurt a lil, if he can get a win give him a shot but if he gets three wins he'll move up more great fights at 205, bader, Evans,

11. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

I don't think any champ will just take a fight out of his weight class anymore. Shits different now. At least not for the foreseeable future.

12. Hauptstoss

Hauptstoss teams n' shit

Weidman is a beast but hard to see guys like Bones, DC and Gus not fucking him up pretty badly.

13. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades My Opinion > Yours

This.

Especially Jones, he's outmatched almost everywhere.

14. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Black Belt

Weidman better wait until Jones moves to HW (if he eventually does) because otherwise he is going to get destroyed.

15. Maxi157

Maxi157 White Belt

That's why I was thinking if he gets past Rockhold do a 205 before Jones gets back like a teaser, then get ready for Jacare, then if Jones is back take s top 5 guy maybe rumble if he wins it sets up a super fight if not stay at 185 win two more and walk away...

16. Got GOAT

Got GOAT Banned Banned

Gustafsson would be his toughest fight at LHW. His TDD, size, power, speed, length, chin, mobility, and slick boxing would be a real test for Weidman. Despite Gus coming off his first ever TKO loss, he'd be a formidable challenge for Weidman and is also good at scrambling back to the feet (see the Jones fight).

Jones doesn't have the power to really make Weidman worry too much and Weidman's footwork is on a different level than Jones'. Jon would struggle, at least at first, to take Weidman down too. I can practically guarantee it due to Weidman's reflexes, range control and TDD being so damn good.

17. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

I think DC is a competitive fight, I can see him doing well. As for Gus and Jones?? Gus would beat him to a decision or a late TKO, Jones would wreck him. JOnes is just better everywhere and bigger + more athletic.

18. SchlomoS

SchlomoS Purple Belt

he still has at least 3 guys in his division that can, and probably will, give him problems.

Super fights / going up in weight for one-offs only make sense with a dominant champion. defending 2-3 times =/= dominant champion. He has less fights than most of the roster. I know people love to hop on nuts of winners but he's still got a lot to prove after going on his brazilian geriatric tour.

19. Sad Dad

Sad Dad Green Belt

I think he has the tools to beat everyone at 185 or 205. I think there are a few guys who can beat him. He's really really big. I don't he'd be small for 205

20. He has a size advantage in 99% of his fights now, plus he has some of the best takedowns in the sport. His ground and pound IS the best. He should just continue to dominate. At the end of the day he is the champion and he has a family. Why mess with any of that??