weekly UFC fights. Is it time?

No....my wife would divorce me. Bellator on Spike is already going to test our marriage.

It works for the WWE. I don't see why it wouldn't work for the UFC too.

I think they should do a challengers series for the purpose of finding talent. They don't even need to air half of the events if they don't bring in enough viewers. The point would be building up talent like we saw last night.

The UFC can't put on weekly shows. The market is oversaturated as it is. There are way too many UFC events on. The more events they put on the less excitement there is around each one. It becomes pointless for the casual viewer to watch. Also with all the free MMA what's the point of buying a PPV? To them it's all the same. They can watch some guys fight week in and week out.

This is what ppl in the contenders forum were saying. The UFC buying out all the competition has stunted the growth of the sport. Everyone thought they were just Zuffa haters but it's true and now it's come to pass.The UFC can't possibly grow the sport on their own. It's too big a task. For other sports they have one league but those sports have seasons. There is time to built an appetite in the viewer. The UFC is all year round. The UFC has been growing but it's market share hasn't. Now there are all these fighters who can't get paid. It's unsustainable. And there aren't enough viable alternatives for the fighters to go to. Sure theres Bellator but they are still very small time.

I think the UFC should be like FiFA and create seperate leagues on different continents and belts for those promotions. They can get TV deals for those countries/continents. They need to make the sport more global. The North American market won't get oversaturated and you can build into more markets. Plus with more belts there are more fights that build interest. The Champions of those leages can face off for a chance at the world championship. Kind of like the champions league in FIFA.

Just no. The reason why I like UFC is you get the chance to build up excitement in the run up to an event. If it was on every week, I would never get laid

Just no. The reason why I like UFC is you get the chance to build up excitement in the run up to an event. If it was on every week, I would never get laid

Don't act like you all ready do :icon_lol:

Don't act like you all ready do :icon_lol:

Not as regularly as I used to when I was married, agreed :)

My point was, I already don't get laid often enough as it is, constant UFC would just be too much

3 free cards a month every month would kill PPV. Honestly, I think their free shows, while great, severely hurt PPV. Most UFC PPV purchasers are not buying every show, but one to a couple every year. Everyone wants Fox shows to be "free PPVs", but i think if you do four free PPV quality cards a year, you wet the appetite of a huge section of your PPV buying audience. If someone has FX, Fox, Fuel and Spike for Bellator you are going to get so so much quality free MMA in 2013.

Thats not even taking into consideration the enormous roster they would need.

Back