Weekly top ten

Dedicado

Machetero
Reaction score
Here we go again, this time the thene is:

Top Ten worst mistakes ever made before a Grappling/MMA tournament

10.) Eating eggs-benedict with extra hollandaise and 3 coffees on the day before the weigh-in.
9.) Wearing tighty-wighties with a scorch-mark onto the scale.
8.) Signing up for the advanced division by mistake, then being too proud to back down.
7.) Volunteering to watch anybodies kids, " Just for a minute or two."
6.) Forgetting that your Gi is still sitting wet in the washer the morning of the tournament.
5.) Hitting the club with your buddies the night before, " just to check it out."
4.) Forgetting to tell your new girlfreind what MMA is, then have her show up to watch.
3.) Falling asleep in the sauna while trying to make weight.
2.) Having your girlfreind size up your opponent then plead " Please don't fight Open, that guy is gonna kill you!"
1.) Having your girlfreind blurt out within earshot of your competition, " Is your *insert body part* still injured? Because I don't want you fighting if it is!"

* Bonus mistake: Eating/drinking anything at altitude while flying in for a fight.

Yea last tournament me and the guys from my club went to we flew in the day before and stayed at a hostel, it turned out that the hostel had a bar/club in it and at

I've been guilty of of #6 twice...I had to borrow my friend's gi who was about 3 sizes below me...so I had the sleeves basically go down half way of my elbows- and the bottome part of the gi was almost up to my belly button.

The other time I used a karate gi... needless to say it got super stretched.

Washing your white gi with something red - then showing up to the comp wearing a pink gi?

^ That is brutal! How about- not wearing underwear to class with white gi pants on? Never do this after taking a shite, it ain't pretty!

worst mistake i ever made before a tournament was going home to get "a good nights rest" that i thought i couldnt get at school. lol at that. as soon as i got back, my old hs friends were calling and dragging me out. i smoked pot all night and couldnt breath worth a shit the next day...i did, however, end up coming in second...luckily i got a couple quick submissions.

Dedicado said:
^ That is brutal! How about- not wearing underwear to class with white gi pants on? Never do this after taking a shite, it ain't pretty!

lol

Back