Weed is banned but Coke isn't?

2Rude

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm not 100 on this whole thing, but please tell me if I'm wrong.

A fighter gets popped for Mary Jane (Pat Healy), gets fined, suspended, and a win turned over. A fighter gets popped for Coke (Jones), but isn't punished according to the articles, because it's NOT a banned substance?

Is there something I'm not understanding or is this a joke of a system?

CM Punk and his drug free lifestyle just won major points on the backend of all this shit but people dont even realize it yet

just say no

What I don't get is, when they made the out of competition list...
Ecstasy- crazy shit, banned
Marijuana- reefer madness, banned
Cocaine- ahh these motherfuckers never gonna make enough to use coke, waste of ink to put it on paper!

Seriously. How do you ban marijuana but not cocaine? All the fighters need to just start doing coke. I hope dfw/jones/Ufc gets the shit trolled out of them over this.

What I don't get is, when they made the out of competition list...
Ecstasy- crazy shit, banned
Marijuana- reefer madness, banned
Cocaine- ahh these motherfuckers never gonna make enough to use coke, waste of ink to put it on paper!

Seriously. How do you ban marijuana but not cocaine? All the fighters need to just start doing coke. I hope dfw/jones/Ufc gets the shit trolled out of them over this.

The past boxing shenanigans influenced the rules and I assume Don King liked to provide his men with hookers and coke while he stole their money. Ask Mike ...

and its a stimulant..

how does the ufc define "out of competition"?

are we talking moments before touching gloves,hours,days or weeks?

Seconds before walk out to the cage probably.

Out of competition I beleieve is the difference.

So how does this differ from say, Nick Diaz? I know weed stays in your system for 30 to 60 days. Coke from what I understand only lasts 3 days. So when was this drug test taken? assuming we know when it took place.

Cocaine psychosis is a myth, weed is a dangerous drug.

So how does this differ from say, Nick Diaz? I know weed stays in your system for 30 to 60 days. Coke from what I understand only lasts 3 days. So when was this drug test taken? assuming we know when it took place.

the problem here is the half life of the metabolite. smoking weed a month before a fight can make you pop for marijuana at the pre fight or post fight test. doing coke a month before a match wont show up on either

and jones test was conducted in december and a second test later in december (the latter of which he passed)

and its a stimulant..

how does the ufc define "out of competition"?

are we talking moments before touching gloves,hours,days or weeks?

Pretty simple. If the post fight drug test reveals traces of a banned(in competition) substance then you're busted.

What people fail to grasp is cocaine leaves one's system far sooner than weed.

this is some ole bullshit. The commission has the nerve to call weed a performance enhancer but not coke. Aint they neevr heard "Crackheads wobble but they don't fall down"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...into-a-drug-treatment-facility-214520325.html

But in a random drug test given to him on Dec. 4 by the Nevada Athletic Commission, Jones tested positive for benzoylecgonine, the main metabolite in cocaine.

The Nevada commission follows the World Anti-Doping Agency code and benzoylecgonine is not banned out-of-competition. As a result, the commission was unable to penalize Jones or prevent him from fighting despite knowing of the positive test.

It conducted a follow-up test later in December that Jones passed. Yahoo Sports was unable to get the exact date of the second test that Jones passed.

Dec 4th., a month before the fight.

Jones actually passed a second test in Dec.

Pretty simple. If the post fight drug test reveals traces of a banned(in competition) substance then you're busted.

What people fail to grasp is cocaine leaves one's system far sooner than weed.

As to my understanding coke leaves your body in less than a day while weed stays in for like 4 months

My thoughts exactly. Nick Diaz lost a win because of weed. Big double standard here

Back