Wedding Registry Ideas?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Blood Python, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Blood Python

Blood Python Silver Belt

Getting married next July.

I don't really like the idea of asking for gifts for a wedding but my family insists we make one. I'll be happy with just having a good time with family and friends.

Anyway, we already live in a house so we won't have the excitement of purchasing or receiving gifts of new home essentials all at once. We are using a lot of hand me downs (kitchenware, pots and pans etc) so upgrades might be nice.

Can you think of any good ideas or recommendations on typical gifts (ex. good knife brand)?

Also, is it rude to put items that are on the pricier side on the registry? For example I thought a roomba vacuum would really make our lives easier (with 3 dogs) but the lady thinks it's too expensive.

2. MASShole

MASShole Get it?

A registry is for your "wants", not your needs.

Definitely get kitchen upgrades. New silverware, plates, storage, pots, pans, knives, etc. Why not think outside, like stuff for your patio? Chiminea, lawn chairs, nice patio umbrella, lawn blanket, etc. What about nice drinkware, like some nice wine glasses, decanter, beer mugs, or scotch tumblers?

Definitely put more expensive items on the registry. On almost every registry I see the $400-$500 kitchenaid stand mixer. I had a $500 Dyson vacuum on mine.

3. movingparts

movingparts Banned Banned

lots of drugs or a kick in the balls or this legit stuff ^^

4. Mad Ruthless

Mad Ruthless I come here for working, dats it.

Some people like to throw in together to purchase some of the more expensive shit.
    We put some mad expensive luggage on our registry, and my sister went in on it with some cousins of mine, they split it 3 ways.
    Also, ask for a heated blanket. We didn't ask for one but got one, holy fuck its magical

5. HARRISON_3

HARRISON_3 Gold Belt

If you don't have already have a Keurig, put one on the registry.

Worth its weight in gold.

6. tkotom

tkotom Fedor belt

lol Gates of Janus's alternate account.

7. new_mexico1

new_mexico1 Super Chile

Don't let them push you into it.

8. Kiddo716

Kiddo716 Cubic Zirconia Belt

go to Bed Bath & Beyond and register everything in the store. And I'm only being a little sarcastic. When we registered, we spent almost 5 hours in there. You have to give your guest a great range of gift prices to choose from. Go small for those who can't afford a lot but still want to get you something and go large for that relative that can give you something more expensive. Then when your wedding is over, you can use your registry as a guide for people who buy you b-day gifts (that one is more for your wife than you).

9. DoctorTaco

DoctorTaco Breadhead

Liquor store. (seriously)

10. MANIAC123

MANIAC123 Yolo Belt

Money for a divorce is always a good wedding gift.

Some HD erotic movies to satisfy you, when she decides your sex life is over.

11. tec87

tec87 Who the F*** is Sean? Platinum Member

To add to this post that sums things up perfectly, if you go the Bed Bath & Beyond route, if you go in after your wedding you can get the items on your registry that guests didn't buy for a discounted price. They offered that discount at least last year. They usually take them right off the registry when guests purchase things, it's easy for them to keep track of. My wife and I did this with some items that we didn't get and used some of the gift money we got to purchase the items.

12. 48mpg

48mpg Blue Belt

your guests can usually op to pay for a portion of something more expensive.

13. Hatredcopter

Hatredcopter not even half-decent...

jacques cousteau could never get THIS low...
    Get the new Playstation and XBox

A male friend married one of my roommates from college and he wanted a PS3. She wouldn't let him put it on the list. I even told her that's the point of the wedding list. People don't have to buy it, but it's stuff you want.

I recently moved house. If people were buying me gifts I'd still rather have a nice new tv, games console and sound system than kitchen knives.

That might be because I have all the kitchen stuff already!

Sabatier make nice knives, or used to.
    Seriously take a wander around whatever dept store is big near you. You'll fall in love with all the utensils and gadgets (like bread and pasta makers).

If you can't stomach it give her free rain. This is one of the few girly activities every woman enjoys.

CLIFFS

. Do it
    . Get what you want
    . Spend a day in a dept shop making a list
    . Put a Playstation on that list (with games/DVDs)

14. Blood Python

Blood Python Silver Belt

Ah. That's a good way to think about it.

Good call on the outside stuff I didn't think about that. Thanks.

15. Blood Python

Blood Python Silver Belt

Lol. I think my girl will like the heated blanket idea. Upgraded luggage is a good idea.

16. Blood Python

Blood Python Silver Belt

I don't think the fiance is convinced on the keurig yet but we do have a couple of coffee makers in mind. Can you control the strength of the coffee with those?

17. MASShole

MASShole Get it?

I have a Breville that takes K-cups, and you can control the strength. It has 5 sizes of coffee it can make.

Do your research on which holds up the longest. None of the Keurigs themselves got great ratings, so we went with a Breville. It's a bit more expensive, but is worth it.

18. MASShole

MASShole Get it?

??? I don't get it.

19. Blood Python

Blood Python Silver Belt

Thanks for the recommendations. We are gonna do the BBB thing this week hopefully. I don't think I can get away with putting the new playstation but I'll have to put some manly stuff on there lol.

20. Blood Python

Blood Python Silver Belt

Cool. Just added this one

[​IMG]