** WEC v.s. Strikeforce: Who was better and why?? **

WEC was the best! For me, they pretty consistently put on cards that were on par/if not more exciting than UFC ppvs.

WEC and its not even close. There was a point when I liked the WEC more than the UFC, mainly during the rise of Jose Aldo when fighters like Uriah Faber, Mike Brown and Brian Bowls was doing well. The who production value of the WEC was great.

WEC for so many reasons. Better talent, better announcers, better cards, more memorable moments.

Strikeforce, just because they gave Nick Diaz fights that played into making an exciting fight. Strikeforce built up a HUGE fan base for Diaz, and if Zuffa had any shred of sense they would look at the formula that Nick Diaz was being subjected to and realize there is money to be made...

Strikeforce was often compared to the UFC, perceived as competition...
The WEC never had the level of expectation that Strikeforce had.

WEC. I liked Strikeforce, but the matchmaking in WEC was just so much better. Strikeforce had way way too may squash fights.

strikeforce was a wasteland for fighters to go when they couldnt make it in the UFC.
also strikeforce was a good place for fighters to groom theyr skills until called into the UFC.

WEC was a place where fighter made a name for themselves in an org that contained divisions not in the UFC and became so popular that it forced the UFC to want those divisions in their own org.

my vote is WEC.

Strikeforce, just because they gave Nick Diaz fights that played into making an exciting fight. Strikeforce built up a HUGE fan base for Diaz, and if Zuffa had any shred of sense they would look at the formula that Nick Diaz was being subjected to and realize there is money to be made...

money to be made by giving diaz easy fights against weak opponents.

cool story.

Can't stand the squash fights in Strikeforce. Too many of them per card for me. Wec however...yum!

You can look at it that way, its all opinionated bullshit though.

how about easy style matches that he'd likely win and look good during
exciting fights + impressive looking wins
made it so Nick won over a bunch of people to the idea that he's a top 2 at WW, if not #1

it was pretty clever

WEC put good figths every event almost, SF had a shitload of shows where everyone was like WTF they can't +puit a good show, didn't have challengers for the belts, etc then they had that great string of good shows.

WEC put good figths every event almost, SF had a shitload of shows where everyone was like WTF they can't +puit a good show, didn't have challengers for the belts, etc then they had that great string of good shows.

the execution of the HW tournament was pretty funny/drawn out
and it was won by an alternate! (strangely, that particular alternate winning was one of the two outcomes I predicted and wanted going into the thing)

WEC hands down. for a time there, just unbelievably consistent quality, maybe the best ratio of barn burner : dud in any org ever.

It seems like its WEC by far according to the poll.

Strikeforce feels like you're watching Bellator for some reason (which isn't a bad thing btw coz I like Bellator).

Back