** WEC v.s. Strikeforce: Who was better and why?? **

While Strikeforce had the huge stars, I don't remember being disappointed by any WEC event i've watched live. The little guys always delivered.

So WEC is my vote.

Strike Force HW tourney was really good. All of Fedor's fights were entertaining win or lose. StrikeForce had one of the greatest fights ever like Daley/Diaz.

Strikeforce was great pre-Zuffa. They put on about 12 cards at year at their peak and they created a bunch of stars as well (Comier, Melendez, Shields, took Diaz's career to another level, put Big Foot on the map). Brought a bunch of guys over to North America and jump started their careers here (Mousasi, Overeem, Jacare, etc).

Once the UFC's marketing machine gets behind some of these fighters, they will be big names in MMA (Saffardine, Woodley, Rockhold).

Hard to say. Strikeforce was great before Zuffa and WEC was great during Zuffa era. I'm going to go with SF since I watched it a lot more than WEC.

Strikeforce was indeed very good (anyone else remember the chaos of their Henderson-Babalu II main card?), but I think WEC gets the nod in this case.

Anyone who says Strikeforce have no idea what they are talking about. I honestly believe that the people who fought in the WEC were more talented, better fights were put on, more exciting fights were put on, they were dealing with weight classes few people had interest in and were incredibly successful and had Britney Palmer. I only watched a few SF events, the majority of them being the HW tournament.

Strike Force HW tourney was really good. All of Fedor's fights were entertaining win or lose. StrikeForce had one of the greatest fights ever like Daley/Diaz.

A one round fight?

It's a good fight but it really doesn't have anything on round one of Cerrone vs Varner in WEC.

theres definitely a couple of factors to dispute. wec had ALL of the lighter fighters so they had the whole talent pool to work with and the smaller cage and great fighters really helped put them on the map, along with the epic fights. Strikeforce had more money im thinking because they got Overeem, Fedor, Nick Diaz, etc. at one point in time. WEC didn't deteriorate slowly like strikeforce and lose all there fighters and put on less shows so it didn't put a bad taste in your mouth about it. WEC on the other hand was here one day and gone another and all the fighters got the shot to prove themselves in the UFC i think(at least the ones on the level in mma they needed to be). I'd probably give the WEC a slight nod, but strikeforce was great once upon a time. Them holding onto a lot of fighters and not putting on events really seals the deal for me and i know im not alone here. Cormier, Melendez, Jacare, etc. could of been in the UFC a lot sooner since strikeforce was running off empty.

not comparable really, SF had HWs and WEC had the little guys. the SF HW tourney had so much potential when it started, they really had a lot of talent. it's a shame it didn't really shake out.

Fedor > the whole WEC for me, i would have watched that guy fight anyone.

not comparable really, SF had HWs and WEC had the little guys. the SF HW tourney had so much potential when it started, they really had a lot of talent. it's a shame it didn't really shake out.

Fedor > the whole WEC for me, i would have watched that guy fight anyone.

FedorvsHendo.gif

Aldo > Fedor

WEC was the most consistently amazing org ever. Lowest percent of boring fights, highest quantity of holy shit moments. Many did I get amped up from that illuminati intro song

Anyone who says Strikeforce have no idea what they are talking about. I honestly believe that the people who fought in the WEC were more talented, better fights were put on, more exciting fights were put on, they were dealing with weight classes few people had interest in and were incredibly successful and had Britney Palmer. I only watched a few SF events, the majority of them being the HW tournament.

Though I agree with your conclusion, in your post you admit that you don't know what you're talking about

Strikeforce was better because it wasn't just the light weight fighters and I think there was more talent from Strikeforce overall. WEC was very good as well though and there is an argument for both.

Exactly that I wanted to say.

WEC, I really looked forward to those Wends night shows, and the announcing was vastly superior.

Where's Doug "the rhino" Marshall anyways? lol

WEC put on some insanely entertaining events on a consistent basis and were more professional. I liked Strikeforce as well though, nice breath of fresh air

I have a feeling the 40 people who voted for Strikeforce weren't around during WEC's heyday.

WEC. MAYBE there was one bad card, but I can't even recall it if there was even one.
There wasn't. I can only recall two bad fights: Chad Mendes vs Cub Swanson and Razor Rob vs Kenneth Alexander.

Back