Wearing thai shorts in commerical gym

Fastbucks8

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, i usually dont post here, but read a ton of great information from all the threads/members.

My question is: would it be strange or weird to wear thai shorts to a commercial gym when hitting the thai/heavy bag?
ex. NYSC, Planet fitness, or any non mma/bjj/thai gym

I usually lift MWF and hit the bag for an hour or so on thursday. I feel that it would be more comfortable to wear thai shorts when doing bag work because gym shorts are either too long or restrictive.

Also, i am looking at getting a pair of Fairtex Shorts, do any members know any good sites to purchase the shorts?

P.S sorry if i posted in the wrong section, mods please move to correct section if i am wrong

Thanks in advance!

it might be weird to others that aren't used to seeing it. but w/e, if you're training your muay thai u should have your gear on. wear em.

thought about this the other day actually, and while it would probably be the most comfortable shorts to wear for training, it might be a bit weird for some of the members in your gym

Whenever I see someone hitting the bag at my LA Fitness in Thai shorts, I can't help but think they're a doofus.

do you mean u would wear them while lifting weights and bag work or just bag work? it would be pretty weird to see a guy lifting in thai shorts. you could always try mma shorts.

When I was going to gold's gym, I would on occasion wear the thai shorts. However that's because the gym would follow or precede the thai workout. I personally don't give a rats ass about what other people think...so do what you want to do.

But if you're still concerned about others' perception, FWIW wearing MMA shorts IMO will get you more flak than the thai shorts though because of all the MMA wannabe shit-bags running around.

I think wearing Thai shorts in NYSC, Planet Fitness, etc would invite a lot of unwanted, inane conversation. I would never do it.

I do it when I'm at golds. You get used to the inseam of Thai shorts and squatting in them is amazing. No one ever tries to talk to me when I work out. Usually people can tell I'm there to...I dont know....work out and dont mess with me. If people are not afraid to approach you when you are working out, your workout isnt hard enough, no matter what your workout is. You should be in beast mode the moment you step foot in any gym.

If you're gonna wear them, at least make sure you have decent MT

I go to a "regular" gym to do my heavy lifts/conditioning on my own when i'm not at the thaiboxing gym. I wear thai shorts... no big deal. Like admbaum said, thai shorts are great for squats. I love the unrestricted range of motion. The gym also has a boxing area and i'll do bagwork. Never catch any shit from anyone. The only weird eyes I get is in the weight room by meathead guido types. But I think those guys give everyone the stinkeye no matter what they wear.

is this what most guys are like these days? lay off the estrogen pills fools... who really cares what people think of how you look in the gym. you said it's comfortable so wear whatever you want, so do it instead of waiting to hear other peoples opinions on how you would look. are you a jersey boi or someshit

i wear my shorts and tank top where ever i train. I dont give a fuck!

:)

is this what most guys are like these days? Lay off the estrogen pills fools... Who really cares what people think of how you look in the gym. You said it's comfortable so wear whatever you want, so do it instead of waiting to hear other peoples opinions on how you would look. Are you a jersey boi or someshit

+ 1

Nothing could ever be worse than hitting the bags with MMA gloves on.

Back