Wearing Jacket(weight loss)

numba0

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have question about loosing weight ..if i were to wear a jacket or sweater during my work outs does it help me loose more body fat or is that all just water weight that I gain back when re hydrate.

thanks in advance.

Like one of these?
SnuggieGreen.jpg

There is no real need to induce sweating if you're trying to lose fat. The only benefit of it I see is that increased body heat makes it easier to get to the temp at which your body burns calories easier/faster/ whatever. But don't go by that, since I have no real backing for it.

For fat loss? No. Skip the sweater and work harder and clean up your diet.

The only benefit of it I see is that increased body heat makes it easier to get to the temp at which your body burns calories easier/faster/ whatever.

Your body temperature shouldn't be changing signifcantly during exercise (or any other time). It just feels that way since the blood flow to the skin increases or decreases to help regulate body temperature. The only benefit to wearing warmer clothes while working out (assuming you're not working out outside during winter) is that it can help keep the joints warm, although there's gear the is designed specifically for that (ex. knee sleeves).

There are no short cuts, train hard, eat right, and don't be lazy, even when your not training.

Last edited:
Serious answer- go without.
The sweater will make you dehydrated and that will lower your work rate, so you'll burn less calories. The extra weight you lost will go back on after you drink.

You wont get dehydrated while wearing a sweatshirt during a lift. Get real. I wrestle everyday in a 80 degree room, and if i drink about 32 oz of fluids, I wont be dehydrated. If you want to lose fat, you wont be able to do it while lifting. The best is to do it with cardio and diet. YES you will lose more fat if you sweat more than you normally would during a workout.

You wont get dehydrated while wearing a sweatshirt during a lift. Get real. I wrestle everyday in a 80 degree room, and if i drink about 32 oz of fluids, I wont be dehydrated. If you want to lose fat, you wont be able to do it while lifting. The best is to do it with cardio and diet. YES you will lose more fat if you sweat more than you normally would during a workout.

Funnily enough most people would read his post as him wearing more then a sweatshirt, I know I did.

I used to train standup in a hoodie in what I think could be described as a greenhouse with the fucking heaters on.

Sweat is also very individual dependant. I sweat like a rapist on trial when even doing light cv work and that's due to genes. I also tend to break into a sweat pretty rapido when I'm working the fitness a lot and that's because my body is more efficient at cooling me down. That doesn't mean I'm burning fat more efficiently to when I'm unfit.

Also- he didn't say when he lifts, he said when he work outs and since he hasn't quantified what working out is, most people (again) would assume he is doing cv work as he is trying to lose some of his blubber.

Water weight definitely that's how fighters lose weight for weigh-ins quickly you just sweat everything out.

Back