Wearing Gi as a Halloween costume?

jmoh

White Belt
Reaction score
So there's a halloween party tonight and I'm planning on going as some sort of samurai. I got one of those rice hats and a white bandana with the japanese circle as well as a fake samurai sword. Planning on wearing my white atama gi as well. What do you guys think haha?

Damn man, who did your ears? They're legit, like a real wrestler yo!

I got a rice hat and tai chi coat. The asian kids here are giving me dirty looks.

Assuming you're not a BJJ black belt, I hope your costume even has your actual belt rank.

roli delgado's mcdonald gi was tits. was he onto something? mcdojo's & shit?

i went in my gi last halloween as a no stripe white haha. wearing my nogi shorts and matching short and handwraps tonight

I have a ninja costume. I make sure to wear it when it's not halloween just to throw people off.

I don't like to dress up as a martial artist for Halloween because you're supposed to be something that you're not in real life.

It's like a cop wearing his uniform for Halloween. He's not dressing up as a police officer; he actually is one.

one year i went as a young kyra gracie... I did the whole bikini top, gi pants, and I wore my blue belt (hence why i was young kyra and not present day kyra)

this year i had to work at a bar, I was an MMA fighter... I had hand wraps, and a fake black eye

Anything that involves you in a gi or fight gear and you're not making fun of a specific person is ridiculously lame.

Although, I got pretty owned this year. He walked around speaking fake Portuguese and saying, "I'm gonna put this in my blog."
73497_164144980274008_115163088505531_379153_296975_n.jpg

Friday night in isle vista the college town of ucsb I saw some dude rocking his Gracie barra gi no belt though

I don't like to dress up as a martial artist for Halloween because you're supposed to be something that you're not in real life.

It's like a cop wearing his uniform for Halloween. He's not dressing up as a police officer; he actually is one.

ThIS!

And Hilliary that picture is classic. You should deffinitly make it your facebook profile pic.

My wife was desperate for a costume and is 8.75 months pregnant. I suggested she wear my MMA gloves, shorts and a white tank top. She declined.

Back