Economy Wealth distribution in Russia VS US, America's, England and Europe

well........ putin is mega rich, and him and his family............. I'd like to see the top 1% breakdown

Yea wouldn't be surprised if the 0.1% or even the 0.01% in Russia controlled the vast portion of that 56%... which would make the distribution even more lopsided.

Yea wouldn't be surprised if the 0.1% or even the 0.01% in Russia controlled the vast portion of that 56%... which would make the distribution even more lopsided.
Yeah Russia has enormous structural problems. These have been papered over by oil money but for how long?

Yeah Russia has enormous structural problems. These have been papered over by oil money but for how long?

I'm a little surprised that you'd acknowledge that to be a problem.

Was just talking the other day about how a functioning rightist society is one where people are more or less born into their circumstances, with social responsibilities that are commensurate with those circumstances (like rich families being expected to make large charitable donations and do right by employees who suffer misfortune) and respect accorded to everyone who plays their role correctly. A functional leftist society is one where people are treated equally under the law and given a fair shot at filling roles they are interested in and capable of, with laws protecting people from misfortune (healthcare, safety net, etc.) and ensuring fair distribution of natural resources and old ideas. But a mix of the two--where you have kind of leftist psychology and rightist functioning--things are much worse than you'd get in either. That's Russia today. Just seems like an unbelievably shitty place to live.

Was just talking the other day about how a functioning rightist society is one where people are more or less born into their circumstances, with social responsibilities that are commensurate with those circumstances (like rich families being expected to make large charitable donations and do right by employees who suffer misfortune) and respect accorded to everyone who plays their role correctly. A functional leftist society is one where people are treated equally under the law and given a fair shot at filling roles they are interested in and capable of, with laws protecting people from misfortune (healthcare, safety net, etc.) and ensuring fair distribution of natural resources and old ideas. But a mix of the two--where you have kind of leftist psychology and rightist functioning--things are much worse than you'd get in either. That's Russia today. Just seems like an unbelievably shitty place to live.
There are worse places to live but it's not great at all. That's a decent description of a right wing society, with rights being determined by adherence to duties of one's station.

There are worse places to live but it's not great at all. That's a decent description of a right wing society, with rights being determined by adherence to duties of one's station.
Well.

Wealth distribution in Russia IMHO is even more horrible than it is in this paper and this is easy to see.

They does have some xxx very rich ppl and for them to buy new Rolls Royce is piece of cake...like for us to buy bottle with water.
Ofc their family members and ....usually also relatives and closest usable friends...are...really rich.

Below this class...still wealthy class of ppl, where norm is to have house + flat in good area+ good car ( or not rare cases cars not just 1 car ) for each family member...
Yeah, not just 1 flat for family...
for these as mando is to have 2-3-4-5 mortgage properties.

/
+ if about businesses...it is common that a businessman does have % not in just 1 LLC type company...
It is common to distribute risks and have 2-3-4-5-6-10....investments in businesses....

/
Next factor why someone's wealth in Russia ( btw in Ukraine too ) is difficult to assess....is their post soviet experience.
I mean devaluations, monetary reforms, currency reforms, hyperinflation shocks in 1990 ies...starting with 1990 th.

__
+ corruption and grey economy + underground economy.
___
It is common for rich ex soviet ppl ...to keep part of their savings in cash+ in different currencies, to accumulate jewellery and gems...
Because a lot of ppl had their savings dramatically reduced cos hyperinflation and these reforms...

They might be delusional about " enemies from west lurking how to kill them " propoganda tales of course...

While they aren't stupid and are skilled to make savings and diversify risks...

///
Therefore real wealth distribution is even more unequal than statistics might show.
///

Glad you like it. I think a lot of people--left and right--are sort of mixed up and think that any call for the powerful to act in a way that is not self-serving is leftist. Even the mainstream right (so we're not just talking about disaffected nuts who post in message boards) doesn't seem to really have a *positive* vision of how they can make things better, which leaves them open to being taken over by crooks like Trump or power-hungry maniacs like DeSantis.

Glad you like it. I think a lot of people--left and right--are sort of mixed up and think that any call for the powerful to act in a way that is not self-serving is leftist. Even the mainstream right (so we're not just talking about disaffected nuts who post in message boards) doesn't seem to really have a *positive* vision of how they can make things better, which leaves them open to being taken over by crooks like Trump or power-hungry maniacs like DeSantis.

Just to note, the Communist Party in Russia is the 2nd party, which routinely gets 25% of the vote. The soviet nostalgia may in part be due to the predatory nature of Russian capitalism, which of course emerged in a time of total chaos and widespread looting (now the looting is centralized and controlled). Something uniquely wolf-like about a system that legally regards people as equal rational units with commensurate bargaining power yet allows functional baronies to emerge within its territory, shearing those oligarchs off from any traditional sense of responsibility for their semi-serfs.

Just to note, the Communist Party in Russia is the 2nd party, which routinely gets 25% of the vote. The soviet nostalgia may in part be due to the predatory nature of Russian capitalism, which of course emerged in a time of total chaos and widespread looting (now the looting is centralized and controlled). Something uniquely wolf-like about a system that legally regards people as equal rational units with commensurate bargaining power yet allows functional baronies to emerge within its territory, shearing those oligarchs off from any traditional sense of responsibility for their semi-serfs.

Are you really under the belief the wealth inequality isnt worse in the US when OP was disproven by a poster a few posts down?

Are you really under the belief the wealth inequality isnt worse in the US when OP was disproven by a poster a few posts down?
It's not wealth inequality itself that is bad; wealth inequality is normal, not bad, and the result of any system that has markets. It's how that society integrates wealthy people and the social functions they serve.

Sadly I had today noticed some bad things in so called Ukr refugees...
I'm today a bit not only scared but this monent I think that they need to be sent ASAP to Russia or Donbass.

Cocky attitude. Sorry, like occupants and I personally had experienced this in real life....God...better send us refugees fom Africa...I'm not joking. Vietnamesse, jews etc too looks that will be better.
For example if in area some % does know russian....( this doesn't matter that area is russian and belongs to pedos in Kremlin cos poor idiots nation does have nukes and natural gas + are spending $$$$$$$$$ each day on espionage, hybrid war and fake info, bribes etc bullshit... + does have some satanists in western world supporting them cos $ is all )...

Low interest about to get any skills in order a bit communicate in local language.
Parasitic attitude.
Gave no fuck that >33 % clients doesn't know russian ( btw looks that a lot of them doesn't even know ukr but are barking and does have attitude like from Kremlin
..Damn ).

+ are damn more worse than local russians!
God Help to get rid off them...

I work in welfare and the few I've met have been great. Taken the advice that they've been given and gone out and got jobs immediately.

Where can I buy a hot Russian lady whom I'll no doubt impress and win over with my enormous income?

This explains why Democrats have such a hard-on for the Ruskies.. they’re jelly.
What are you talking about? Russia is like a bad vision of what could go wrong with the US if oligarchs keep driving their free market ideas.
And people on Fox News especially Tucker Carlson are playing frequently on Russian TV for their pro-Russian views.

What are you talking about? Russia is like a bad vision of what could go wrong with the US if oligarchs keep driving their free market ideas.
And people on Fox News especially Tucker Carlson are playing frequently on Russian TV for their pro-Russian views.
It’s a sarcastic joke about income disparity. Not important enough to pop a pucker string over.

Wow germany, the lower 60% of people also have less relative wealth than in Russia.

2560px-Distribution_of_Wealth_in_Germany.svg.png

not coincidentally, look at Hungary, which is by far the best distribution of what I have posted. No wonder the liberal world order elites hate nationalistic countries like Hungary that have more equitable wealth distribution

320px-Distribution_of_Wealth_in_Hungary.svg.png

Looking at the Gini index the US is at 41.4, Germany at 31.2. Hungary doing quite well at 30 but it´s not like they have a lot of wealth to distribute in the first place ;)

Also plenty of countries lower than Hungary. The 3 Scandinavian countries are all lower, Finland, Iceland, Belgium etc. Not exactly nationalistic countries.

Is the GOP a member of the "liberal world order" because they sure do love some wealth inequality as well.

Looking at the Gini index the US is at 41.4, Germany at 31.2. Hungary doing quite well at 30 but it´s not like they have a lot of wealth to distribute in the first place ;)

Also plenty of countries lower than Hungary. The 3 Scandinavian countries are all lower, Finland, Iceland, Belgium etc. Not exactly nationalistic countries.

Is the GOP a member of the "liberal world order" because they sure do love some wealth inequality as well.
Ok then let's see those countries' pie charts.

That's a bit misleading because you can buy a lot more in Russia for the same amount of money, apart from foreign goods now. It's better to look at the purchasing power parity median income per person. And it closes the gap between America and much of Europe quite significantly, and puts Luxembourg in first place. These figures are 3 years behind though, but I think they give a better picture.
So it has Russia down in 32nd place but not miles behind somewhere like Poland at 27th.

This is the most logical way to assess the real differences

I honestly believed you were going to say America (not Russia) at the end.

Back