Weakness of Niinim

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Y0cc3, May 31, 2014.

1. Y0cc3

Y0cc3 Blue Belt

Yeah, he lost by choke. Shit happens, the guy out grappled Yahya so we shouldn't really think his sub defense sucks but I saw one much bigger problem with him that might cost him really bad. I saw it in the Finnish news where they showed his training and I saw it in the very first exchange.
    The guy jumps in when punching from distance. Like really far. I see it so clearly because my own coach in boxing told me that I jump in and it's terrible. He needs to get rhythm to his striking and footwork in order to be more in control of the situation. He now needed to reach for the takedowns because he didn't have rhythm and him getting choked was unavoidable. He reaches too much and Rani got few chokes on him but Swede's unorthodox choke caught him off guard and was enough to make him tap.

If he keeps jumping in he either gets counter KO'd by knee, punches, gets reversed in takedown to terrible position or gets choked out. And damn as sad as I was for Tom, I was really happy for B

2. Y0cc3

Y0cc3 Blue Belt

No-one else saw him jumping in very amateurish?

3. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

he lost because he ate a huge knee. he looked fine otherwise.

4. Y0cc3

Y0cc3 Blue Belt

No, the way he closed the distance in the first exchange was terrible. It didn't get him KO'd or subbed but it will in the future if he doesn't get better. You can get away with it if you are super explosive guy with KO power like Mendes or Woodley (who both will sooner or later get caught from it) but Niinim

5. Hemmmmmo

Hemmmmmo Eclipse Belt

He exposed his back/neck pretty big when he went for the last takedown and Backstrom timed that knee perfectly

6. Y0cc3

Y0cc3 Blue Belt

But do you see problem when he punches? (((n

7. Hemmmmmo

Hemmmmmo Eclipse Belt

I missed the first minute of the fight, so I'll have to rewatch it tomorrow