Weakest stable of Champions in UFC history???

Is this the weakest stable of Champions in UFC history???

• Total voters
Stipe - has a potential to be a dominant champion,looks invincible.only loss to Jds(Controversial) and Struve (a slip ko)

DC - legit champion,even if the fans don't like him.

Bisping - lucky punch champion,still not convinced.

Woodley - explosive striker and fantastic wrestler,fight with wonderboy may have a different outcome.

Alvarez - i believe he will destroy Khabib,a fight with Ferguson or Brooks will be a chess match.

MacGregor - He almost cleaned up the division,time to move to lightweight or defend belt against Aldo

Cruz - his dancing skills never runs out of style,an immediate rematch with the Snake or move up at Featherweight would an ideal choice.

Johnson - no one really watches the Flyweight Division,they should dissolve the FW division fight at BW division.

Going to have to agree.

But "unstable" champs like this keep the division fresh and exciting IMO.

I say yes only because of Nunes, Woodley, and Bisping.

GSP is in the middle cause thats where the goat sits

gsp-is-a-pimp-o.gif

Alvarez against Khabib
Woodley against Thompson
Bisping against Jacaré
Cormier against Jones
Miocic against Overeem

Five champions that would be underdogs today.

Alvarez against Khabib
Woodley against Thompson
Bisping against Jacaré
Cormier against Jones
Miocic against Overeem

Five champions that would be underdogs today.

The bolded fight is booked, has a betting line, and the champ is not the underdog.

Even so, chance plays a much bigger role in this sport than many of us would like to believe, and I suspect that has a lot to do with our current line-up. A fighter with an 80% chance against every opponent, who the actual betting lines suggest is a rare champion, still only has about a 50% chance of defending his belt three times. That just goes to show just how remarkable guys like DJ and GSP are. Right now, DJ has a 8 wins in a row—to have a greater than 50% of doing that, he'd need to have more than a 91.5% chance of winning each fight: the equivalent of being about a -1076 favorite in every single fight. In comparison the biggest favorite in any upcoming fight listed on bestfightodds is Gustafsson, a far cry from that at about -580.

The truth is that to win a belt, you generally need to be both a badass and lucky. To establish a reign, much more so. I've got my doubts about a lot of the current champions, but they've got their chance to prove me wrong. I don't have a chance to be proven right, because even if they are the best, they still probably won't reign for long.

Fuck off with that DC "paper champ" bullshit. Your boy Jones is a dumbass cheater, deal with it.

i don't know about weakest but it's definitely the weirdest.

The funny thing is that there's always the argument that the divisions were weak when these dudes were champs

MMA "fans" are the worst

I don't know about in history, but I'm certainly not expecting anyone above 135 with the exception of DC to have a successful defense in them.

Well Stipe clipping the 'reem isn't out of the realm of possibility. Other than that

Fuck off with that DC "paper champ" bullshit. Your boy Jones is a dumbass cheater, deal with it.
Cormier did not defeat Jon Jones, the linear champion. He was awarded the vacant title upon his stoppage of Anthony Johnson.

Simple.

Cormier did not defeat Jon Jones, the linear champion. He was awarded the vacant title upon his stoppage of Anthony Johnson.

Simple.

Jon Jones defeated Jon Jones because Jon Jones is a fucking retard.

Simple.

Back