Weakest stable of Champions in UFC history???

Is this the weakest stable of Champions in UFC history???

• Total voters
DC, Conor, Cruz, MM = legit

Not sure about the rest.

Excuse me...

All these new champions beat the champ to win the title, right ?

So by common sense and definition... Those people were the weakest stable of champions.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Thats only because we were spoiled by the Fedor-GSP-Silva-Aldo era. Dominance like that in any sport is extremely rare, especially one with as many unpredictable factors as MMA

Every current UFC champ would crush their counterpart from 15 years ago. The sport is just more competitive these days.

Not sure what realist means to you. But a realist would say DC is the true champ. Realism doesn't waste time with who you think should hold the belt. It looks instead at who has the belt and who defends it.

A realist doesn't call a guy who has beaten Condit, Gastelum, and Lawler untested.

A realist doesn't say that a guy with three straight top ten wins loses to most of the top ten.

I think the only hater in this thread is you m8... you seem to lack proper context in all the points you attempted to make.

1. DC is a paper champ.

2. I rooted for T Wood against Condit but that was a freak injury. Not to mention he was breathing like a woman in labor by the post fight interview. The Gastelum win was also unimpressive, a decision against a 22 year old out of shape guy who couldn't make weight does nothing for me.

3. Put some contexts on alvarez "wins". After getting smashed by Cowboy he went on to get a gift decision against Giblert and Wall n Stalled Pettis to get another Split decision lol

Excuse me...

All these new champions beat the champ to win the title, right ?

So by common sense and definition... Those people were the weakest stable of champions.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Cause primes don't matter right? Are you saying Maldonado would've had a draw with Fedor in his prime? BTW GSP retired with his belt

Damn. TS is a straight hater.
for fucking sure. anyone who can't see eddie alvarez as an awesome champ isn't toasting smores at my campfire, that's for sure.

I think it's just about having the best stable of contenders. It used to be that the champ was way ahead of the competition. And that is not such a reality anymore.

It's a conspiracy, this has never happened before ever.

It's crazy the world is crazy.

What does that say about previous champions then if they were finished by these supposedly weak new champs? Lol

Some people dont understand this kind of assumption is not based on an absolute comparison between today's champs and old time's champs. With few exceptions, new champs will always be better skill wise.

For instance, Woodley is better than Matt Hughes, but he is not and problably never will be half the champ Hughes was. Why? Because this kind of assumption is based on relative comparison that takes on consideration how fighters matched at their especific eras. Hughes were a much greater fighter to the level of the sport on early 2000s than Woodley is to the level of the sport today.

Because of it I can say that on MMA history terms, Hughes is a much greater fighter than Woodley, even tough Woodley would problably KTFO Hughes if they fought.

I'm happy with whatever champions so long as they are active and willing to fight.

That's all that matters to me.

I think its different now, every champion is a Mixed Martial Artist in every facet, whereas guys like Brock, Rampage, Hughes were pretty one dimensional.
HW: Stipe former Golden Gloves and D1 wrestler.
LHW: Jones is the most versatile MMA fighter of all time, DC has shown himself to be able to do everything
MW: Bisping is more one dimensional with his boxing, but his wrestling is there
WW: Woodley has dynamite in his hands but will wrestlefuck if you're not careful (Doesn't weave takedowns with his striking like GSP but GSP never had dynamite)
LW: Eddie can wrestle and of course can strike
FW: Conor again is pretty one dimensional (Aldo is more versatile and I think he'd win that rematch)
BW: Dom does everything
FLW: DJ does everything
WBW: Amanda can do everything now (Ronda was one dimensional, Holly was one dimensional. Miesha was one dimensional)
WSW: JJ showed her takedown defense vs Esparza and lights people up when they can't get her down.

Last edited:
I voted yes but only in modern history. The current champs are obviously better than Sylvia-Liddell-Franklin-Hughes and any lineup that preceded that

Look at who they beat before they became champs. You're shitting on RDA, Werdum, Aldo, and TJ (fuck salty Rochold).

These guys are LEGITIMATE champs.
this post needs to be saved for future shaming.... they r mostly going down in their next fights

id be surprised to see this list intact by the end of 2016

Im with you on Hw, Lw, and Fw being weak as shit. But Cormier, Woodley, and BisKing are legit champs. These are very high level athletes that have been at the top in multiple sports.

Back