Weakest puncher of all time who was still considered a contender?

In 2018, Cindy Dandois was ranked #5 at WFW and has 5 TKO wins.

EasygoingCleverBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

<36>

Believe it or not, Askren has finished a few fights with punches.

I think that's a little unfair on Frankie, he's the only guy to beat Yair up pretty bad, KO'd Mendes aswell obviously Maynard, he definitely had power in there.

Eh, I can see that. I think Yair's ground defense sucked though. I guess it's that he's style is more pitter patter, kinda like Volk or Cruz, they rarely load up. He's not really comparable with the first 4, but he's one of the least hard hitting champions, like Cruz. To be fair, he was also oversized for a chunk of his career.

Maia
Shields
Askren
Diego Sanchez

I know you said contender but they don’t get more pillow fisted than GSP as far as highly ranked fighters in history go.

Reactions: G10
I know you said contender but they don’t get more pillow fisted than GSP as far as highly ranked fighters in history go.
Don't get me wrong, he didn't have many finishes as a champion, but not many other people could bloody their opponents' faces and make them hesitate for the whole fight, the way GSP could. He had a very good left hand, but his right hand was very weak.

Oleynik, only one KO in 59 wins.

Dominick Cruz.

In terms of being the most accomplished fighter one could possibly be while also having the weakest punching power, then 100% this. In fairness, lacking power was a necessary by-product of his style to work. Since he's constantly moving, he can't plant his feet to throw. Plus, he had to conserve a lot of energy to keep his pace up.

As far as a guy who lacked punching power while being renowned as a puncher, then Nick Diaz. Several of his opponents have said that they got sucked into wars with him because of how soft his punches felt. I know it was part of his strategy, but it's funny how it worked out for him for so long.

Back