We will never see a top level boxer in mma and here's why.

Mercer fought MMA and defeated one of the best UFC HWs of all time.

or k1

or wrestling

or judo

or abu dabi

or ......

i have no idea how or why anyone would think this is worth discussion

Someone should ask Mayweather Sr about Rousey vs Mayweather Jr.

Another quality thread from 99silva.

49652-Jeremiah-Johnson-gif-0osi.gif

i would like to add we will never see a top level baseball player in hockey. wanna know why?? 99silva.

LOL. Do you think they sound really interesting in his head? :)

he tells himself that to feel validated imo.

Why else would he make a thread based on every other thought he's ever had relating to MMA?

Does it have to be Mayweather for it to count as top boxer? Mayorga was a "top boxer". I believe his record now sits at 0-3-1...

Boxers don't transition to MMA because its a different sport.

Mayorga hasn't been relevant since the civil war

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Describes

The Mayweather family is celebrating the New Year with that special kind of the love. For the last few years, trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr., and pound-for-pound champion Floyd Mayweather Jr., have carried on a public feud in the media and on television. The ill feelings between father and son were the main focus of HBO's De La Hoya-Mayweather 24/7 mini-series.

In a recent interview with Percy Crawford of FightHype, Mayweather Sr. blasted his son over a possible move to mixed-martial-arts. Several weeks ago, Floyd Jr. met with Mark Cuban of HDNet Fights, discussing a possible debut in MMA. Several key figures in boxing and MMA have spoken out against the move.

Mayweather says that his son will end up like former champion Vince Phillips, who took a beating in the MMA ranks.

"He needs to leave that sh*t alone. He’s going to get the same f*cking thing Vince Phillips got; leg broke, arm broke or whatever. Vince Phillips got his arm broke. You can’t mess with that…that’s what they do. You can’t beat nobody at their own game," Mayweather Sr. said. "All of this he talking about right now, this martial arts sh*t, I’m telling you, he about to get broke the f*ck up right now. I’m telling you, he could forget all of that stuff being cute and how you supposed to hit somebody with a check hook. Man, them motherf*cker’s going to take that check hook motherf*cker and squeeze your guts out."

Forget a possible retirement. According to Floyd Sr., his son will definitely retire after testing the MMA waters. He doesn't feel that any of Floyd's skills as a boxer will help him in the world of MMA.

"He ain’t got to worry about retiring. When they get through with his ass, he will be retired. He will be retired f*cking with them motherf*ckers. They would love to fight him. This ain’t no f*cking boxing; ain’t none of these motherf*ckers scared of his ass. I’ll fight one of them motherf*ckers if they just want to throw their guards up. I’m old and I’ll beat they ass, but when they start talking about that going to the ground, elbows and knees and all of that, man f*ck that sh*t. I ain’t about to go in there. Them motherf*ckers dangerous man. One thing about it, them guys can take a f*cking punch man. Those guys will laugh at Lil Floyd when he hit them."

This needs to be posted in every single ridiculous boxing vs MMA thread (in the context of boxers competing in an MMA fight).

TS is correct also though about the paycheck issue in terms of getting the #1 PPV draw to fight in MMA - that may never happen. There are plenty of elite boxing champs who don't make all that much money though - it's far more top heavy than even MMA which is too topheavy in its own right - outside of the ~top 10-20 PPV draws there isn't a whole lot of money floating around. They could probably lure in the 4th or 5th ranked guy in some divisions - but there wouldn't be enough hype to really justify it.

he tells himself that to feel validated imo.

Why else would he make a thread based on every other thought he's ever had relating to MMA?

He definitely has too much time on his hands that's for sure, atleast he stopped putting exclamation marks at the end of every sentence.

Back