We shouldn't build *any* new warships + planes and reduce military size by at least 25%

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
The military-industrial complex is the actual swamp, and the real reason why Trump will never be able to claim he 'drained da swamp', not single Goldman-Sachs bankers. But it's the only thing next to domestic terrorist agencies Trump wants to spend more money on, which is completely insane. The military is supposed to be a defense force not a weird hybrid of communist job creation programs and a crony-capitalism paradise.

We don't need new warships or those ridiculous F35s which we will probably end up donating to Israel anyway. Cancel order. Total waste of money and will always make it more attractive to actually use the military (invade random sand shitter nations). With a weaker military we'll be more careful about going to war, save money and still be able to defend the US. I can't remember the last time a nuclear power simply was invaded because they didn't have enough flying super computer.

Who actually disagrees with cutting military spending apart from politicians?

If the sole mission of the US military were defending the US, sure, we would be looking at gross excess. In reality those days are long-gone and it babysits most of the world. Factor in the rapid deterioration of European stability and we are more likely to see unprecedented spending increases as the US competes with eastern powers over the residue.

I'm an isolationist ideologically but at some point you have to admit the cats out of the bag.

sorry if my last threads weren't so well thought-through, I've consumed drugs for the fist time since college and I want to create threads but can't think of good OPs

The military can be substantially cut, with out sacrificing needed upgrades. You cant just have a force who weilds out dated equipment man, they have to stay competitive with our potential adversaries. In the case of the US, we need to have the edge. Case in point man, some of our air designs are over 20 years old, while the our enemies are modernizing to new generations of planes. That is unacceptable. The f35 program is not really a problem, it was the f22 program that was the cesspool of corruption. I even posted a link to defense review on that very subject in another thread on the subject.

You can cut a very sizeable percentage of the military budget, with out axing our upgrades and new acquirements, bye simply telling Europe and the rest of the world, including Israel to FUCK OFF. Close up every single base we have out side the continental US, and guess what, a hell of a lot of money is suddenly not needed to be spent. That single act of widespread base closure will force them to actually look after their own defense, instead of farming it out to us, on our own fucking dime. I personally am tired of my tax money going to Defend some other nation, when they should be defending themselves..

No need to make us less competitive, just contract from our already stretched too thin position, and we will save money.

this thread is now closed
----------------------------------------------------------------------

You're right.

However, as far as "who agrees," polls show that like 65% of the country wants MORE military spending. People are stupid. Come to peace with that fact and you'll save yourself much heartbreak.

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it." …and yes the United States did make that mistake. The U.S. Army in 1939 was smaller than the Army of Portugal. They downsized at the end of WWI. At about the same time Germany was building a massive ground Army to invade Europe. We had to upsize the Army to be able to win the War against Germany and Japan. Obama, in his infinite stupidity, downsized the U.S. military during his administration. Now we have Iran, North Korea, and Russia upsizing their military. Iran threatening Israel, North Korea threatening South Korea, and Russia looking at taking back Eastern-Bloc countries. France, Germany, and the British will not fight without American support. Just look at what happened to Syria.

Remember that we don’t have the draft in this country and you probably were not in uniform during the “Stop Loss” period (2004) the U.S. Army did not allow soldiers to leave the military after their contract was over. Yes, we can probably due without the high-tech planes and ships, but not the supply structure that takes to keep a ground Army fighting on the ground. We need to increase the U.S. Army numbers to what they were in 2005. I’m an Army guy myself and can’t speak much for the Navy or Air Force. But most wars are fought for ground, not water or air.

Last edited:
this thread is now closed
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Too late, I've already forwarded this thread to the authorities.

What did I walk into here?

You're right.

However, as far as "who agrees," polls show that like 65% of the country wants MORE military spending. People are stupid. Come to peace with that fact and you'll save yourself much heartbreak.

It's too easy to pull some people in. They act like they are sick of war but then it takes one bombing or the news continually showing the Middle East is fucked up and needs us as if that will solve the problem. I like to believe the country has continually voted for the most anti war candidate in the past 4 out of 5 elections (bushs second term was for war) but the fact that each candidate gets in and does it gives little hope. You can't run on a message of peace or you get called weak. Meanwhile, every other country gets to spend the majority of their budgets on social programs.

If the sole mission of the US military were defending the US, sure, we would be looking at gross excess. In reality those days are long-gone and it babysits most of the world. Factor in the rapid deterioration of European stability and we are more likely to see unprecedented spending increases as the US competes with eastern powers over the residue.

I'm an isolationist ideologically but at some point you have to admit the cats out of the bag.
We need to be prepared.

The most cucked thing in the world is to have the biggest and best military and don't actively try to gain more territory.
I mean whats the point of having a military other than to take more territory. That's some Liberal, SJW, Jesus loving stupidity level right there.

Especially because the US is totally fine happy to spent trillions of $ and lose thousands of young men but are to cucked to even take the terretory?
If I would be in charge all the rich oil nation would be mine. What are they going to do about it?
Same with Mexico and Canada they would be incorporated into the American Reich.
The rest of South America would be puppet governments. But still, be considered part of the greater American Reich.
All you need is around 1 to 1.5 million young men willing to do whatever it takes.

The military-industrial complex is the actual swamp, and the real reason why Trump will never be able to claim he 'drained da swamp', not single Goldman-Sachs bankers. But it's the only thing next to domestic terrorist agencies Trump wants to spend more money on, which is completely insane. The military is supposed to be a defense force not a weird hybrid of communist job creation programs and a crony-capitalism paradise.

We don't need new warships or those ridiculous F35s which we will probably end up donating to Israel anyway. Cancel order. Total waste of money and will always make it more attractive to actually use the military (invade random sand shitter nations). With a weaker military we'll be more careful about going to war, save money and still be able to defend the US. I can't remember the last time a nuclear power simply was invaded because they didn't have enough flying super computer.

Who actually disagrees with cutting military spending apart from politicians?

The US military is the largest social welfare program in history.

I support a strong military. I'd prefer my tax dollars go to defense and infrastructure.

Back