We should eliminate weight cutting via hydration testing

But are you saying then that they wanted their new big investments to lose? Also what about Matt Hume?
Oh my bad. Didnt mean to imply that. Just that one FCs weight cutting policies are a complete sham. So it's not surprising that massive in cage differences appear every now and then even though everyone supposedly weighs "the same".

Most people the cut weight don't have a problem tho

Seems stupid to punish the 99% for the 1% that can't hack it
What's the point of cutting weight to reach a weight for a few hours only to rehydrate and fight someone basically the same size as you that did the exact same thing?

I know there must be some simple reason, but why don’t they just weigh in like an hour before the fight? If you fail but within a reasonable margin, then have some harsh penalty like a point off the judges’ scorecards for every 5 pounds, and some financial penalty, and public shaming.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with weight cutting, it's the same rules for all fighters. Totally equal and just.

Because no fights have been cancelled because of a bad weight cut

{<jordan}

Then depleted fighters should lose no ? Then, fighters would cut less weight next time.

Weight cutting is like a configuration, if you do too much, it hinders you. If you do more, you are stronger but less cardio and speed. If you do less, it's better for your cardio and speed.

Fighter's choice.

Fighters are not machines they are humans... most of the deaths from the sport went down in the sauna not the octagon. Freaks come along, cut 30lbs every time and knock everyone out... until they can't because they've done too much damage to their internal organs.

Fighters are not machines they are humans... most of the deaths from the sport went down in the sauna not the octagon. Freaks come along, cut 30lbs every time and knock everyone out... until they can't because they've done too much damage to their internal organs.
I understand.

I just feel we now live in a society of victims. It's the UFCs fault if a fighter cuts too much weight. I mean, fighters are

I just believe fighters are grown man able to make their own decision.

I don't believe your freak example is the norm.

One fighter's advantage is height, the other speed, etc. You might want to include weight cutting capabilities to the advantages certain fighters have.

But I repeat, extreme weight cutting has it's share of Disadvantages, it's not all roses and daisies.

Why hasn't this been done yet?

Because hydration testing doesnt eliminate weight cutting

ONE allegedly do hydration testing. Heres one of their matchups.

A girl who cuts weight to make 145, fighting a girl who walks around at 130 fighting each other at 135 because the asian girl wasnt allowed to cut weight

colbey-northcutt-putri-padmi-one-championship-104-9.jpg

But are you saying then that they wanted their new big investments to lose? Also what about Matt Hume?

see my above post.

Colbey Northcutt, has cut weight to fight at 145 but was allowed to cut weight to 135lb

versus an Asian girl who normally fights at strawweight who walks around just over 130 and wasn't allowed to cut weight.

colbey-northcutt-putri-padmi-one-championship-104-9.jpg

its a fucking sham

Most people the cut weight don't have a problem tho

Seems stupid to punish the 99% for the 1% that can't hack it

How is it punishing someone? I don't think it's a good idea because some people miss weight and aren't good at weight cutting... I think it's a good idea because it would most likely result in better fights and maybe a safer and prolonged career for the fighters.

I think a solid way to prevent it is similar to what California has done. But instead of the weight being cut being measured against their walk around weight, make it if the contracted weight is let’s say 155 you’re allowed 10 pounds of leeway for the fight so most you’d be able to walk out to fight at is 165.

Yeah, I really don't get why they got rid of it in the first place.

I understand that it masks ped usage, but it's not like beating the tests isn't easy as is.
No point making it easier for the cheaters

Back