We should eliminate weight cutting via hydration testing

lol like One FC ? have you seen DJ and alvarez last fights ? the size difference was fucking huge.

Too busy chasing fake issues like banned substances to focus on open cheating like weight cutting

Most people the cut weight don't have a problem tho

Seems stupid to punish the 99% for the 1% that can't hack it

Reinstate the iv use. Feel better instantly.

Reinstate the iv use. Feel better instantly.

Yeah, I really don't get why they got rid of it in the first place.

I understand that it masks ped usage, but it's not like beating the tests isn't easy as is.

Finding different baselines for hydration of different fighters would be crazy. It would still be a game because now you have to make a weight and a hydration limit.

People fighting at 145 and weighing over 170 on fight night... Shit is ridiculous. Weight cutting is good for marketing. Fighters can fight in multiple weight classes and you can have dudes that are huge for a weight class and market them as a monster.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with weight cutting, it's the same rules for all fighters. Totally equal and just.

Only thing that needs to be eliminated is your account

Most people the cut weight don't have a problem tho

Seems stupid to punish the 99% for the 1% that can't hack it

1%? There is a weight miss on many of the cards. I'd say it's higher than 1%. Add in fights that have been outright cancelled because of weight cutting issues (And there have been some of those as well), I'd say statistically its a lot higher than 1%.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with weight cutting, it's the same rules for all fighters. Totally equal and just.
I think part of it is the danger associated with weight cutting. I know that sounds strange in a sport where the goal is literally to put your opponent in danger. My issue with it is that we would get much fresher fighters and better performances if they weren’t depleted from huge weight cuts.

I think part of it is the danger associated with weight cutting. I know that sounds strange in a sport where the goal is literally to put your opponent in danger. My issue with it is that we would get much fresher fighters and better performances if they weren’t depleted from huge weight cuts.

Then depleted fighters should lose no ? Then, fighters would cut less weight next time.

Weight cutting is like a configuration, if you do too much, it hinders you. If you do more, you are stronger but less cardio and speed. If you do less, it's better for your cardio and speed.

Fighter's choice.

They might do it if someone is seriously hurt or killed. It might become a talking point. USADA is there for that purpose.

IMO you will get to see this in some form one day. It just won't be a happy reason and it will be just as corrupt and filled with loopholes as USADA testing is. I mean for christ's sake they didn't even catch Costa's IV usage. Costa's team member was blackmailing him with that and he got a slap on the wrist and his fight with JH at UFC 217 wasn't even overturned when it should have been.

That's the system that will implement hydration testing.

Nah, we should eliminate weight cutting via eliminating weight classes. Weigh fighters year round. Matchmake based on the stats.

lol like One FC ? have you seen DJ and alvarez last fights ? the size difference was fucking huge.

But I’ve always wondered why did this occur if they were all subjected to the same rules?

But I’ve always wondered why did this occur if they were all subjected to the same rules?
Because one FC is shady as shit. Theres a reason that their weigh ins and hydration tests aren't public.

Because one FC is shady as shit. Theres a reason that their weigh ins and hydration tests aren't public.

But are you saying then that they wanted their new big investments to lose? Also what about Matt Hume?

Back