We should cherish Francis Ngannou while he’s the champion.

lmao what is this thread lol

dude, do you know that Dana made Francis into a champ?
40-year old Stipe, with 30lbs+ weight disadvantage, at APEX cage lmao

Two 6'4" giants fighting at a small cage... and it was even a championship.... lol

Dana tailor made this match for Francis to win. Dana waited until Stipe gets war torn. His last 4 fights before Frank 2 was Frank-DC-DC-DC.
Then Dana threw old, war torn Stipe to the dangerous Francis.

Yup, Dana made Francis a champ.

And you know, Frank cried how he was never hurt at that second fight vs Stipe.
Francis said
"I would fight Jones at July"
himself.

So dana gave him vs Lewis 2 at the end of August.
All of a sudden Francis was hurt and need to heal up.... lmao

Dude, Francis is the biggest shame of the HW. He cried about Stipe not being active, ignoring the fact that he got his eyes injured badly and needed a surgery. And he proceeds to be an inactive champ himself, even without any injuries.

He doesn't even care about his legacy, he is not interest in fighting but in making money while he has never defended his belt. He doesn't even want to make a revenge to Lewis, who was a rightful title challenger. Instead he went to twitter and begged to boxers for money.

Shame.

Yea I feel like the Black Beast got kinda screwed. Gane will end up being the best HW in the world and BB would have matched up a lot better against Francis for his chance to win the title

Does Dana still have any ownership? I thought he was paid a big chunk for his share and then was brought back on as CEO?

I just looked it up and he did sell a portion of his 9% back in April, but it wasn't made public to how much and he apparently still has shares remaining.

This man is also must watch whenever he fights. With the exception of one bad fight, all his fights are violent and entertaining. That's a good thing to have in a HW champ

He's also being outspoken because he will always have a job at Johnny Legends Mitsubishi to fall back on

As someone else said, he's much nicer (at least with little girls) than:

Also,
884616004.jpg.jpg

Smaller cage favours grapplers

Stipe was 38 (only 4 yrs older than Francis) and the weight difference was under 30lbs.

I bet you were saying Stipe would make easy work of him again ;)
lol the weight difference was over 30 lbs and Stipe was like 38.9 yrs old, and small cage favors a striker with heavy hands, Stipe ain't a wrestler he is an outboxer with wrestling. Small cage is not good for Stipe.
also you age real fast after 35.
Whatever makes you sleep well, Francis fanboy, but please do not blind yourself.

Black beast would absolutely destroy ngannou again if they ever faced eachother.

Who doesn’t love watching champions not fight? It’s amazing. I love it. No, I cherish it…..

I think TS mistakenly put "cherish" instead of "respect". I respect Ngannou for all he's been through and where he is today. But I don't "cherish" anything about him or his lack of activity. He's no different in that regard than his predecessor.

PS: I don't think this guy deserves more money. He's a fighter not a teacher or nurse.

You do realize that the amount these fighters are underpaid doesnt go to the needy right? Its not like the UFC is trying to pay these guys as little as possible so that they can give away as much as possible to charity. That extra amount that the fighters arguably deserve is going to an already wealthy entity the UFC, and to the already rich shareholders.

You are basically saying I dont think Ngannou and comparable fighters deserve more, I’m okay with it instead going to the UFC and Dana’s and other mega-millionaire shareholders pocket.

People saying they wouldn't be shit without the UFC, what happens if they leave is Dana gonna step into the cage? Exactly so stfu. UFC is low balling their talent, just because they can doesn't make it right.

Sure they're gonna get other guys, the reality is we know how much of their revenue goes to fighters and it's low compared to other sports, period.

People saying they wouldn't be shit without the UFC, what happens if they leave is Dana gonna step into the cage? Exactly so stfu. UFC is low balling their talent, just because they can doesn't make it right.

Sure they're gonna get other guys, the reality is we know how much of their revenue goes to fighters and it's low compared to other sports, period.
The big revenue franchises almost always pay a smaller % than the smaller revenue franchises….since, you know…..they are competing for the same talent (or a have a salary cap that ensures it).

Back