We should cherish Francis Ngannou while he’s the champion.

Face it - he's garbage. They basically fed the championship to him, with him whining that Stipe is not active and is holding the belt hostage. How he will be active and would like to fight every 3 months.
He is making top money from fighting and talks about being hopelessly broke.
I was hoping that we'd see a Ngannou era, it almost makes me believe rumors that he is juicing and UFC is holding him off playing this drama up so that it doesn't seem strange.

What I wanna know is why he's mad about having to pay for fight camp. Where did all his money go? Imagine being that good and still paying to exercise hahahahaha

Then how do you explain his statement below : (quote)
Ngannou : “What doesn’t work for me, because I don’t feel protected in those terms — in the past two years I fought twice and I have to borrow money to live."
(from mmafighting.com article).

I did some checking and :
- his reported salary (show / win / bonus / sponsor money) for UFC 260 was US$580,000
- his reported salary (show / win / bonus sponsor etc) for UFC 249 was US$320,000
So that's US$900,000 for those 2 fights.
Assuming the reported numbers are accurate as per https://mmasalaries.com/ufc-260-salaries-and-payouts/ etc)

Why would an unmarried, no children, man who has earned (pre-tax) close to US$1million in UFC direct payments just from 2 fights, probably plus a lot of other personal sponsorship money, be saying "I have to borrow money to live". It absolutely does not add up.
He is already rich but yet he has absolutely made a statement there that he had to borrow money to live in the last 2 years.
You did calculations...just totally wrong.

He had to borrow money BEFORE fighting Stipe so the UFC 260 purse is irrelevant.
Money can run out very quick when you think you will have a fight soon and it ends up taking a full year to happen. Especially when you support your family in Cameroon and run a foundation in your hometown.

So he had 320k earnings for a year. Deduct taxes, manager share, coaches, sparring partners, gym and you have way less than 200k left.

And he didn't say "borrow money to live" but borrow for the training camp. He has learned his lesson and is spending a lot in camps, even hires a chef to cook his food. It was a 15 weeks camp because fights was pushed back several times, so it costs money.

Last edited:
Why does everybody get so riled up about fighter pay? Stop wallet watching and enjoy the fights. If these guys don't feel like they are getting paid enough they can always go do something else. Nobody is forcing them to fight.

There are only a select few boxers that get those huge pay days and they draw huge crowds. Conor put's asses in the seats and he was paid more money than every boxer not named Floyd Mayweather he was at the top of his game.

The UFC is also owned by WME, who are in the process of paying of a 4 billion dollar loan from purchasing the UFC right now. Every body loves to blame Dana, but he's not the end all be all of who's in charge. He only owns 8% IIRC.

The UFC also has a better middle class than any other combat sport. I would like to see the fighters get paid more too, but a lot of you don't understand economics. Plus another person's wage is none of my business.
Hi Dana

Can you even call this the Francis Ngannou era? He just got the belt and will not defend it until almost a year after he won it. I like Francis, but he needs to be active otherwise how is it an era? When I think of an era I think of the old days when champs would defend their belt multiple times a year.

Face it - he's garbage. They basically fed the championship to him, with him whining that Stipe is not active and is holding the belt hostage. How he will be active and would like to fight every 3 months.
He is making top money from fighting and talks about being hopelessly broke.
I was hoping that we'd see a Ngannou era, it almost makes me believe rumors that he is juicing and UFC is holding him off playing this drama up so that it doesn't seem strange.
Ah yes, the ol’ “fighter is to blame for inactivity” card.

So first off, you have Ngannou calling out the UFC on fighter pay, and all of a sudden the UFC announces an interim title fight 3 months after Ngannou won the belt, an absurdly short amount of time for making this decision.

Which of course kills two birds with one stone: on the one hand the UFC can build up Derrick Lewis better for his hometown fight (Houston, August 7) but, also, let’s not kid ourselves here, disrespecting the new HW champion Ngannou in public punishing him for taking a stance on UFC fighter pay.

Just like they have tried to punish every single other fighter that called them out on this.

Hmm, I wonder which side I believe regarding who is responsible for Ngannou’s inactivity... The one actually financially suffering from this (Ngannou) or a bunch of proven expert liars and scumbag businessmen (Dana White/UFC brass).

Ah yes, the ol’ “fighter is to blame for inactivity” card.

So first off, you have Ngannou calling out the UFC on fighter pay, and all of a sudden the UFC announces an interim title fight 3 months after Ngannou won the belt, an absurdly short amount of time for making this decision.

Which of course kills two birds with one stone: on the one hand the UFC can build up Derrick Lewis better for his hometown fight (Houston, August 7) but, also, let’s not kid ourselves here, disrespecting the new HW champion Ngannou in public punishing him for taking a stance on UFC fighter pay.

Just like they have tried to punish every single other fighter that called them out on this.

Hmm, I wonder which side I believe regarding who is responsible for Ngannou’s inactivity... The one actually financially suffering from this (Ngannou) or a bunch of proven expert liars and scumbag businessmen (Dana White/UFC brass).
You're putting words in my mouth. I never said Francis is to blame for his inactivity. I never even said it's the UFC's fault. I simply said that how can you call this the era of Francis Nngannou when he's yet to even have a title defense?

Why does everybody get so riled up about fighter pay? Stop wallet watching and enjoy the fights. If these guys don't feel like they are getting paid enough they can always go do something else. Nobody is forcing them to fight.

There are only a select few boxers that get those huge pay days and they draw huge crowds. Conor put's asses in the seats and he was paid more money than every boxer not named Floyd Mayweather he was at the top of his game.

The UFC is also owned by WME, who are in the process of paying of a 4 billion dollar loan from purchasing the UFC right now. Every body loves to blame Dana, but he's not the end all be all of who's in charge. He only owns 8% IIRC.

The UFC also has a better middle class than any other combat sport. I would like to see the fighters get paid more too, but a lot of you don't understand economics. Plus another person's wage is none of my business.

Does Dana still have any ownership? I thought he was paid a big chunk for his share and then was brought back on as CEO?

You did calculations...just totally wrong.

He had to borrow money BEFORE fighting Stipe so the UFC 260 purse is irrelevant.
Money can run out very quick when you think you will have a fight soon and it ends up taking a full year to happen. Especially when you support your family in Cameroon and run a foundation in your hometown.

So he had 320k earnings for a year. Deduct taxes, manager share, coaches, sparring partners, gym and you have way less than 200k left.

And he didn't say "borrow money to live" but borrow for the training camp. He has learned his lesson and is spending a lot in camps, even hires a chef to cook his food. It was a 15 weeks camp because fights was pushed back several times, so it costs money.
I know he has costs, and training costs etc .etc and taxes and management fees etc. He had TWO fights in 2019 and THREE fights in 2018, so he must have been ok during that time.

I'm basically just giving you a direct quote from him :
NgannouQuote.jpg
and it does sound *from his own quote* like he is implying he has had to borrow money to live DURING the last 2 years and on an annualized income of about 500,000USD I just don't see why he cannot "survive" on that. Yes of course ,taxes, training ,management etc.

I do think he is hamming it up a bit to make himself look like he is starving to death. He doesn't need to do that really. Just my view.

This man is also must watch whenever he fights. With the exception of one bad fight, all his fights are violent and entertaining. That's a good thing to have in a HW champ

He's also being outspoken because he will always have a job at Johnny Legends Mitsubishi to fall back on

Haha, I like that, thanks for sharing!

I know he has costs, and training costs etc .etc and taxes and management fees etc. He had TWO fights in 2019 and THREE fights in 2018, so he must have been ok during that time.

I'm basically just giving you a direct quote from him :
View attachment 884844
and it does sound *from his own quote* like he is implying he has had to borrow money to live DURING the last 2 years and on an annualized income of about 500,000USD I just don't see why he cannot "survive" on that. Yes of course ,taxes, training ,management etc.

I do think he is hamming it up a bit to make himself look like he is starving to death. He doesn't need to do that really. Just my view.
I'd have to agree with this. 500k USD is much more than a majority of people make per year. Even after shaving off taxes and training/living fee's That's still more than enough.

He comes from nothing but he is also sort of always looking for the next better thing. It always rubbed me the wrong way he didn't even pay the old French coach gym dues.

He comes from nothing but he is also sort of always looking for the next better thing. It always rubbed me the wrong way he didn't even pay the old French coach gym dues.
He didn't? is that what his old coach said?

UFC BAD DANA PINK GOOF BAD I KNOW ABOUT BUSINESS U FIGHT CHEAP LOL HAHA

cringe

I would be a fan of his except for that story how he left his first trainer (who trained him for free to get him started in the sport), just because asked for payment now that Ngannou is making good money

Last edited:
You're putting words in my mouth. I never said Francis is to blame for his inactivity. I never even said it's the UFC's fault. I simply said that how can you call this the era of Francis Nngannou when he's yet to even have a title defense?
Fair enough, my reply was moreso directed to the other dude.

Ngannou doesn't have an "era" yet but I hope he will.

This man is also must watch whenever he fights. With the exception of one bad fight, all his fights are violent and entertaining. That's a good thing to have in a HW champ

He's also being outspoken because he will always have a job at Johnny Legends Mitsubishi to fall back on

Would buy two Mitshibitchis if there was a vicious overhand in that ad. Bonus points if he decked the blondie

Cherish the one time he fights a year.

I like watching Frank but he should be more active. Sadly for him I think Gane is a heavy favorite

Back