We should be demanding at rematch: Conor vs. cowboy 2

Dana: ok cowboy,we want you to try and win this time.
Cowboy: aw shucks dana,that's too much pressure!

Your threads lately mate;
tenor.gif

This is stupid thread

It was a hand picked opponent who was meant to lose

So the result will be the same

There ate so many fights to make in the UFC and your dwelling on this waste of time fight

Also book Rampage vs Fedor II and Chuck vs Tito IV
Do it, Coker!

Cowboy is a notoriously (pun intended) slow starter, & Conor is conversely a very fast starter. This match up was made to showcase Conor.
Cowboy is simply bad against people who can strike. He mostly beats wrestler-grapplers, wrestler-boxers and overall just people who are not proficient at striking. Yeah it's not only that he's beaten wrestlers, he has some wins over ok strikers, but the bulk of his career is beating people who can't strike. Slow starter is just an excuse fans give him because they don't want to admit his MT is very very limited and mostly effective against people who wanna wrestle him.

And every time Cowboy faced somebody who can put his punches together and doesn't just swing wildly - he lost.

The Conor fans really let this one go above their heads, didn't they? Not surprised.

The first fight left us with more questions than answers and Cowboy would get a chance to show what he’s really made of this time, I think he could make it out of the first round now that he’s already faced Conor and felt his power and gotten his timing down.

giphy.gif

Conor has the ability to dictate his own legacy. He will never fight someone he beat (excluding a slim possiblity of Diaz McGregor 3). Conor knows that his legacy will gain very little from beating someone that he has already beaten and a lot to lose if he loses those matches. It is much more valuable for his legacy to get another shot at people who have beat him, which is why I'd bet we see Khabib vs. Conor II, but we'll never see Aldo vs Conor II. Khabib also knows this though, and he's not motivated by money, so he might also try to preserve his legacy by never facing Conor again.
Aldo said "any time any weight" he said he was right back to training after the 13 second ko. Then turned it down when rda got injured. Diaz was not the first pick.

We should be demanding the mods to stop you from starting threads

Because what always leads me to want to watch a rematch is to see if the guy who lost the first time might survive an entire round.

This was a tongue-in-cheek posting, right?
It's pretty obvious what he's doing here but anyone with half a brain knows what he says is true of the Aldo fight and Aldo's reckless, eye's closed, lunging in over extended rage filled punch was extremely uncharacteristic of him and since they both landed 1 punch at the exact same time in the fight it didn't really answer any question or prove unquestionably who the better fighter is.

Cowboy getting overwhelmed early however is not uncharacteristic and while a second fight could look different (since anything can happen on any given night) the result would likely be about the same against the Cowboy of today.

Aldo Conor is more like a Cain JDS situation, yeah, JDS scored the quick KO but how different would their legacies be today (especially Cains) had he refused to give Cain a rematch claiming the quick KO was definitive proof of his superiority, lol.

It's pretty obvious what he's doing here but anyone with half a brain knows what he says is true of the Aldo fight and Aldo's reckless, eye's closed, lunging in over extended rage filled punch was extremely uncharacteristic of him and since they both landed 1 punch at the exact same time in the fight it didn't really answer any question or prove unquestionably who the better fighter is.

Cowboy getting overwhelmed early however is not uncharacteristic and while a second fight could look different (since anything can happen on any given night) the result would likely be about the same against the Cowboy of today.

Aldo Conor is more like a Cain JDS situation, yeah, JDS scored the quick KO but how different would their legacies be today (especially Cains) had he refused to give Cain a rematch claiming the quick KO was definitive proof of his superiority, lol.

Oh, I agree that a one-shot KO of a fighter with a long established record of elite excellence would make me think that we SHOULD expect a different result.

That's not at all what happened with Cerrone, as you said. I probably should have specified in my snark that he was dominated, short as it was, and overwhelmed.

Back