We Should allow all PEDs

So...if you aren't willing to inject, sniff or ingest potentially fatal drugs into your system, you just wouldn't deserve to be a pro athlete?(or even an Olympian? not sure where TS draws the line) Nah, I don't think so...now, maybe something like where the druggies register as such, and have their own leagues, competitions, what have you, sure...but normal healthy athletes shouldn't have to be forced to dope in order to keep up with dopers.

I've said steroids make MMA better for ages.

Not just steroids but more important for the entertainment aspect is endurance enhancing drugs...we all know that the most boring part of a fight is when two guys gass out in a big fight.

They are already, If you want to compete with the elite...and the list of what is banned and what is allowed seems rather arbitrary. How can Jones be popped for Coke and still be champ while many other fighters have their paychecks lost and careers ruined over Weed?

This isn't about PEDs at all then. You are just mad about pot? My condolences sir, the bums lost.

So...if you aren't willing to inject, sniff or ingest potentially fatal drugs into your system, you just wouldn't deserve to be a pro athlete?(or even an Olympian? not sure where TS draws the line) Nah, I don't think so...now, maybe something like where the druggies register as such, and have their own leagues, competitions, what have you, sure...but normal healthy athletes shouldn't have to be forced to dope in order to keep up with dopers.

The point of my post is that there really is no line anywhere else in life. When it comes to entertaining the masses the majority of fans don't really care about your long term health. Do you stay up at night thinking about how Gary Goodridge is making ends meet in his post competition life? No.
And yes, if taking drugs is the only thing that will raise your performance to an elite level then you must take them, don't pretend this is not the truth in every major sport...and lets remember that when it comes to the other aspects of life you have to be willing to do whatever you need to do if you want to run with the big fish. That's not my opinion, that is a fact.

This isn't about PEDs at all then. You are just mad about pot? My condolences sir, the bums lost.

It is very much about PEDs...I am merely pointing our the absurdity of the testing system it is in fact so flawed that it will never achieve its stated purpose...a truly clean competition.

No.

Fighter careers are short and damaging enough. If you like any fighter, you wouldn't want him permanently injured for your entertainment, this isn't cycling or baseball, this is a hurting game.

Agree 100%with ya! If athletes want to do PEDs to train longer, heal faster, etc., let em! It's their bodies and at the end of the day their choice! How the fuck do we live in a age where people who have never fought get to tell those who do what to do with their bodies? I really don't get it, worry about you & yours, and let others do the same!

No.

Fighter careers are short and damaging enough. If you like any fighter, you wouldn't want him permanently injured for your entertainment, this isn't cycling or baseball, this is a hurting game.

Again, I make the analogy that you don't really care about this in any other aspect of life...Why should sports be different?
We don't wish any fighter to be permanently injured....however we accept that possibility as part of the sport and enjoy it anyway.

Agree 100%with ya! If athletes want to do PEDs to train longer, heal faster, etc., let em! It's their bodies and at the end of the day their choice! How the fuck do we live in a age where people who have never fought get to tell those who do what to do with their bodies? I really don't get it, worry about you & yours, and let others do the same!

Its just weird how we accept UNfairness as part of life and still strive to succeed but somehow we think Sports is going to magically be different and pure when nothing else is.

They say that Barry Bonds deserves an asterisk next to his stats because of PEDs...but did you know that Speed was in fact legal and handed out in the locker rooms all the way into the 90's?? They called them greenies and they were used to help ball players stay alert during long boring innings. Its all a bunch of crap. The fair playing field does not exist and never has.

Just have organisations for both, you wanna cheat go in the roids league and if you don't you go in the clean league.

If PED is allowed, no Nike, Chinese, American or Russia athletes will lose at anything. They have more money to spent on PED than any other country. Companies will systematically create drugs for all the athletes that can pay. Hell, those countries already dominates a lot of sports. I will never watch a sport that allows PED. No sponsor will sponsor a PED athlete. If you allow PED, why not a bio mechanical arm?

I really do miss TRT Vitor. what a brute. That version of him was basically a dragon ball z character clutching a bible with lightning shooting out of that dead squirrel on his head.

"we deed it, mama"

Peds = more entertainment. Just look at the nfl, people love seeing 250lb roid monsters smashing into each other. Its almost impossible to control without losing massive amounts of money. People like to see superhuman feats.

Just imagine the future with genetic manipulation and cybernetics

if we get to see more vitor kicking people's heads off, i'm in

The point of my post is that there really is no line anywhere else in life. When it comes to entertaining the masses the majority of fans don't really care about your long term health. Do you stay up at night thinking about how Gary Goodridge is making ends meet in his post competition life? No.
And yes, if taking drugs is the only thing that will raise your performance to an elite level then you must take them, don't pretend this is not the truth in every major sport...and lets remember that when it comes to the other aspects of life you have to be willing to do whatever you need to do if you want to run with the big fish. That's not my opinion, that is a fact.

Hmm..well it sounds like you definitely don't give a fuck about Gary Goodridge, and I'm not saying I stay awake at night thinking about his problems...but I have thought about them, and tbh it sickens me watching Muhamed ali dribbling all over himself every time they drag him out for a salute...but your lack of empathy aside...This attitude of "it's already like that in every other sport" should that be applied to other situations too? "They already allow kidnapping and forced sex slavery in Isisland, don't pretend like they don't, so why shouldn't we just have it here in the U.S?) "Don't tell me you stay awake at night worrying about all the Yazidi women being raped as I'm typing this?" I hope that you are not serious, the fighters need and deserve the safest healthiest work environment we can give them, they're already fighting for a living ffs.

Back