We should all focus on round 2 and that's all.

I couldn't make up my mind who that round watching live. Rounds 1 and 3 clear as day Reyes and 4 and 5 for Jones.

thats the only one in question

totally agree emotion's are running high tho fun to watch

i wouldnt be mad with even round 2 for draw ...

even old Joe Silva had it a draw

Last edited:
The answer is there. I look forward to watch this round 10 times and make a determination. Just chill the emotions and let's be objective here and score this round as soon as available.

When I watch it I scored like this and I'm not a fan of neither
https://m.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...Round-Scoring-169847#jon-jones-dominick-reyes
Stop trying to trick me into using the dumb parts of Sherdog. The forums are the only thing we care about. Plus, we watched. Jon got his ass beat. He ran any time Reyes got more than 2 shots off in a row.

All I know is the one judge that had it 49-46 should not be allowed to judge fights anymore.

Stop trying to trick me into using the dumb parts of Sherdog. The forums are the only thing we care about. Plus, we watched. Jon got his ass beat. He ran any time Reyes got more than 2 shots off in a row.

The 2nd round Reyes through from what it looks like a 20 punch flurry and didn't land 1

The 2nd round Reyes through from what it looks like a 20 punch flurry and didn't land 1
  1. That uppercut was felt around the world.
  2. He landed more than one shot in Round 2.
  3. He beat Jon.

I scored round 2 for Jon when I watched it live. I was actually scoring the fight, not just watching it. I’d have to watch it again to explain exactly why but I think it was octagon control and pressure.

1. That uppercut was felt around the world.
  2. He landed more than one shot in Round 2.
  3. He beat Jon.

Same can be said for the flush headlock Jones landed. When Reyes had him against the cage swinging, none of them landed.

Seems to be a lot of disagreement over round 3 as well as round 2.

So all non trolls agrees Reyes round 1, Jones rounds 4 and 5. Rounds 2 and 3 seem to be leaning in favor of Reyes, maybe 60-40. Maybe 2 is 55-45 and 3 is 65-35.

Anyone who is surprised that Jones could be given one or both haven’t paid much attention in the last decade or so. Jones 49-46 is not even close to the crazy that is Edgar 50-45 in the first Penn fight.

I’m not saying that makes it right. I’m just saying it is not as inconsistent or crazy as people are pretending.

Last edited:
I've watched the fight 3 times now, the last time focusing on rounds two & three. Reyes def took round 2.

I was rooting for Jones...

Reyes landed harder shots, more shots and didn't take much damage himself.

If he was fighting anyone except Jones I don't think anyone would even be trying to argue that he lost this round.

1,2,3 easy Reyes. Jones barely 4,5 without dominance or any damage on Reyes.

I just rewatched round 2 and Reyes was already gassed and swinging at air. Clearly a win for Jones.

I don't envy judges. It's not an easy job and that was a close fight no matter who you think won whatever round.

I had it 1/2 - Reyes and 4/5 - Jones with the 3rd being a swing round that could've gone either way. It looks like plenty of people had it 2/4/5 - Jones and 1/3 - Reyes.

Judging is subjective. I'm starting to think the 4-1 judge for Jones isn't that crazy. More then 1 person thinks he definitively won the second, combined with plenty of people thinking the 3rd was close and could've gone either way. Maybe him getting the last 4 rounds isn't so outlandish?

It doesn't mean it wasn't a close fight, it just means that one judge gave him those rounds that plenty of people feel like he won anyway.

I wouldn't have been mad if Reyes got the decision or if it was scored a draw. It was close. People need to stop bitching about the decision and get over it imo. The only way to avoid controversy is a finish, and obviously neither man was capable of finishing the other. So now we're stuck with a decision in a close fight, that's definitely debatable, but that's what we get.

Back