we saved boxing ...ESPN ratings a success

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
On a tablet now so no links, but according to bs it was the highest rated boxing match on ESPN since 2003. Since fight nights on ESPN havedone 800k we can assume it was at least close to 1 million, that is unless they're forgetting about ESPN 2.

Personally I don't no how since i couldn't have the stomach to watch it. So you saved boxing, I tried to kill it because I'm a dick like that and hate boxing.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_mpgvzrrUB61qz4rgp.gif

I think I deserve the credit seeing that it was me who started the rally.

less than 1 million for a heavyweight title fight on such a large platform ?

I love Boxing i would skip any Ufc fight for some boxers:icon_chee

If Wilder vs Stiverne is ever put on ESPN you can bet it will explode in ratings.

Boxing is dead.

Wladimir isn't the most well-known HW in the world. Not necessarily his fault as the majority of good HWs are Europeans nowadays it seems.

I was shocked how little advertising I saw for it. I'm a moderately serious boxing fan (I watch most big PPVs and almost any decent free fight), and I wasn't really aware of it until a few days before it went down. I would think ESPN would have been pushing it a lot more. I don't watch ESPN other than for combat sports and the NFL so maybe I just missed it, but I think it could have been better advertised.

These ratings are a testament to Floyd's greatness btw.

Not taking away any credit from pulling in those numbers, but its a bit of luck too isn't it? If Maidana lost against AB we would have seen Mayweather/Khan.

Boxing's been dead for 100 years btw.

Back