We only got one male US champ

Interesting..... But Usman has been in the US since he was 8. he wrestled in American HS's and was an All American at American colleges. He's an American dude.

Please also at least footnote that the dominant American champs (Jones, Cejugo, MM) eventually just get tired of winning and bored with their dominance.

Brazil and eastern Europe have always been quality tbf.
The new (more interesting) thing, rather than non-US, is that we now have African and Oceanian top fighters.

In short term, which male american fighters have a decent chance to get champion?
I can see Poirier, Max and to a lesser extent Lewis, Stipe or Jones.
No one I can think of at FLW, BW, MW and WW right now. Some could say Colby but I am convinced Usman widened the gap since their last fight.
At bantamweight I can see sandhagen become champ. Well have to see what Tj looks like when he comes back too.

I hate how the UFC does that shit. Marty should be USA and Izzy New Zealand.
Americans only want to claim these guys when they do something good. imagine if Usman went and shot up a building or something, people would just be calling him an African terrorist

And Francis for France
Really? He didn'l livr there that long (Circa 2012-2018) he was a grown ass 26 yo and, ant least initially, an illegal. Did he really got the papers? Just curious.

Fake champ too

Not according to the only organization who gets to decide who's a real champ, the UFC. However, if everybody gets to declare who the real champ is by their own standard, then I think my grandson (who doesn't actually to MMA, being six years old and all) is the real champ, just because he's my grandson.

You can argue about GOAT and who's the best, they're subjective. But the actual UFC champ, like the actual Superbowl Winner is an objective fact.

Pretty cool sport. Can’t stand when people try to make it about nationalism and all that. Felt pretty good seeing people get red in the face when chandler lost . Not that I dislike chandler but I dislike making it about country vs country and things like that. As far as I have seen anyone I know personally who does this has a toxic attitude

as ive said before some people dont think America is the end all be all of the fucking world and could honestly give a fuck if they have a champ or succeed in any measure.....like seriously you dont see Ethiopians making threads like these

Really? He didn'l livr there that long (Circa 2012-2018) he was a grown ass 26 yo and, ant least initially, an illegal. Did he really got the papers? Just curious.
Yes he moved to France at 24 I think. I am not even sure he has the citizenship, it is not as straightforward in France as it is in the US

Last edited:
Cool.

Congrats to all the champs. It has always been about the fighters, not the orgs, not the camps or countries.

I’d favor Jones at LHW, Dustin (slightly) at 155 and Max at 145. If these fights happen. Lots of interesting potential title fights to be made.

does anyone know how many of the champs come to the US to train and or do their fight camps?

Francis
Jan
Izzy x NZ
Usman USA
Volk x NZ
Yan
Figgy

So Francis, Jan and Yan, and Figgy.

do they train in the US?

Francis does. He's Vegas boi now.
I think Jan does too, or at least splits his camp between Poland and US (could be wrong)

Pretty sure Yan does some training with ATT

Nigeria > USA

There some good upcoming boxers too

Back