We only got one male US champ

In short term, which male american fighters have a decent chance to get champion?
I can see Poirier, Max and to a lesser extent Lewis, Stipe or Jones.
No one I can think of at FLW, BW, MW and WW right now. Some could say Colby but I am convinced Usman widened the gap since their last fight.

And the American champion got his belt by being beaten up too badly...

On a more serious note
Usman is American, he was born in Nigeria, later moved to USA and became citizen
Same for Izzy but for new Zealand.
And Francis for France
But all the decided to represent their birth countries except Izzy who chose both

If you genuinely think this is “virtue signalling” then I don’t know what to tell your dumb ass.

It's beta VS'ing for sure. Don't try to put this on me Mr OMG INCLUDE THE WOMEN YOU PIG

I hate how the UFC does that shit. Marty should be USA and Izzy New Zealand.

And the American champion got his belt by being beaten up too badly...

On a more serious note
Usman is American, he was born in Nigeria, later moved to USA and became citizen
Same for Izzy but for new Zealand.
And Francis for France
But all the decided to represent their birth countries except Izzy who chose both
In Ngannou's case it's a bit different. He moved out of Cameroon when he was like 26. He still lived there way longer than he has France. Izzy and Marty tho moved when they were kids.

If Jan wasn’t interim it would just be all black dudes as champs above 170-HW.

Manlet classes would only have chances. Imagine if MMA actually payed money that would attract many more elite black athletes.
How did you reach this conclusion?

Single US champ ... and a fake one... Yan the real champ!

I honestly forgot Aljamain was champ, thought Usman was the only male champ from the US.

I hate how the UFC does that shit. Marty should be USA and Izzy New Zealand.
It is not there UFC, the fighter chose which country he wants to represent as long as he has the citizenship... This is like this in every sports... Naomi Osaka is the perfect example... She could represent Haïti, USA and Japan but chose Japan

Last edited:
Sterling is the fakest "champ" there. Acted like he couldn't continue and he damn well could.
He won't last -- UFC will force him to defend ASAP and hopefully against Yan.

TS hoping for more US champs to live vicariously through.

Who cares? Most fighters live and train in the US. I give absolutely no fucks where any of them were born. UFC loves to shove their fake diversity down your throat when it's convent for marketing. It's very off putting.

Back