Media We need to stop pretending like Romero isn't going to slam and batter Adesanya

I could see Romero being patient for the first round and then letting off those burst of nuclear explosions as it goes on. I feel Romero's chances for the finish are going to be highest in rounds 3-5 IF he plays his waiting game and is selective about his offensi bursts.

My biggest fear for Romero is that because he looks phenomenal at his age, he might be one of those guys that father time tkos overnight and he looks old and a bit slower, especially given some of his horrible weight cuts. I don't know how much longer his body can keep it up.
His body deserves a break. He's been fighting at MW since 1897.

Romero got taken down by Brunson

He was down 2-0 to Brunson primarily by getting out wrestled. Romero's MMA wrestling is highly overrated, he's good but not great, his main issue is his top control is average at best which is probably why he generally doesn't go for takedowns much, he can't keep people down or pass guard well and it wastes a lot of energy.

Everyone thought that about Bobby Knucks

Regardless who you scored the fights for, they were not easy for Romero.

also Bobby was hurt in both.

"Romero is no Brunson."

Yeah, when they fought, Brunson outwrestled Yoel.

I think we will see Romero actually use fight IQ and follow a strategy in this fight which is unlike any of his five or so fights. May be too late but war romero

I think Bender wins 50-45. Hope I’m wrong.
Honestly I'd be surprised if Romero made it to a decision. Either Romero wins by TKO in rounds 1-3 or loses by TKO at some point. I think he's too old to take Adesanya in a 5 round fight.

hats off to izzy for challenging himself like a real champion does, however romero could very much pull out the win in this one.

lol Israel is a nightmare match up for Yoel, I'm confident it will be a very easy fight for Adesanya

Israel is going to K.O. Yoel in the first round and make it look easy. Israel's ground game is underrated and Yoel will have a hard time taking him down.
lmao, yoel can easily ko him standing.
glass jaw adesanya will get badly hurt in this fight if he goes punch for punch like against whitaker.

Didnt Weidman and whittaker both take him down...several times

Again back to my point of can he really still wrestle?..i mean for an ex olympian and all

I think he just doesn't care if he gets taken down, because he will just be right back up. So he is not really thinking about defending take-downs.

3547fc24e9c5cd0150bc41d6204bff6e.gif

Styles gonna be too quick and just stay outta the way from his bombs and counter and piece him apart

That's what they said about Machida

If one of the best wrestlers in the world can't take down and control a skinny kickboxer who barely wrestles, what does it say about wrestling?

lmao, yoel can easily ko him standing.
glass jaw adesanya will get badly hurt in this fight if he goes punch for punch like against whitaker.
Calling an undefeated fighter glass jawed, lol.

Israel was knocked out once by arguably the P4P best kickboxer right now 4 years ago. Everyone in Israel's weight class gets knocked out in kickboxing sooner or later. Hardly glass jawed.

Romero is not guy who is going to wrestlefuck someone. But his striking is slightly underrated and I think he can catch anyone. I think the difference will be Adesanya’s volume of strikes compared to Romero’s, which will have him biting on a lot Adesanya’s feints, which sets up a lot of Adesanya’s traps standing up, which is exactly where Romero does not want to be. I think it’s competitive in the first 3(barring a flash ko by Romero which can definitely happen, even against Adesanya) but Izzy takes over/finishes in rounds 4 or 5

Back