Media We need to stop pretending like Romero isn't going to slam and batter Adesanya

We need to stop pretending Yoel is some grappling savant.
His mma wrestling and grappling is nothing special. Without his explosiveness he’s not got much.
Watch the weidman and Brunson fights
I would make the argument that Brunson outwrestled Romero. Romero almost lost to the guy with the worst fight IQ in the division

Romero rarely goes for takedowns and his top control isn't very good, if it were he would have a bunch of GnP wins but i'm pretty sure the Machida one is the only one he has in high level MMA.

As if Romero goes for takedowns often.
As if Romero often does anything with the few takedowns he goes for.
As if Adesanya doesn't have very good takedown defense.
A lot of as ifs. The only if that matters is if Romero goes for a takedown, he'll most likely get it.

Romero is no Brunson.

OptimisticCooperativeAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nqn1d0EJWI1rofocqo1_500.gif

It's funny you use this example when Brunson outwrestled Yoel in their fight.It seems like a really dumb example when you're talking about how he's going to slam him and batter him with his wrestling, what were you thinking?

Last edited:
More like stick his tongue out and whine when he loses yet again!

I know that is what Romero has done for awhile now, since the Weidman fight that I can recall. Cruising rounds 1+ to save his gas tank. I just don't think that's the right play against Izzy. The champ isn't going to gas, and Romero is. Romero is not going to win a decision here, or it will be very unlikely. I believe his avenue to victory is dominating wrestling early and knocking Izzy out, why let him gauge distance and see movement for a round or two? Just floor it out the gate, die on your shield if need be. I think that is the ideal game plan for Romero.

And in terms of his body/condition...well he's obviously on steroids. So there's that. And he looks great right now a few weeks out, so I don't think he's magically just going to become washed. He's definitely on PEDs...I mean it's obvious. How many 43 year olds have you seen that are that built and lean? That look "hard" with androgen levels. Generally when men get older even if they are in good shape they will have a saggy or softer look.

Look at Randy Couture for example, and he was confirmed on PEDs/Steroids. The only example I can think of is Herschel Walker who was most likely on steroids as well (only did push ups and sit ups...yeah fuck off Herschel).

When was couture confirmed on peds?

He used TRT as did many other fighters but only when it was allowed. He retired 3 years before it was banned

Randy never failed a drug test his entire career

A lot of as ifs. The only if that matters is if Romero goes for a takedown, he'll most likely get it.
Eh, I don't see it happening. Adesanya is too good at keep range and Yoels MMA wrestling isn't great. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

Yoel appears to have a tough time following a game plan. We will have to see.

When was couture confirmed on peds?

He used TRT as did many other fighters but only when it was allowed. He retired 3 years before it was banned

Randy never failed a drug test his entire career

Okay so:

1. TRT definitely counts as PEDs, you're being very naive to not count it. Doubling and tripling average test levels wasn't performance enhancing? It was basically legal steroids.

2. He was probably using shit prior to TRT, not exactly hard to beat testing back then when he competed.

3. He competed in his 40s, He fought when he was 47 years old and then again when he was almost 48 years old against high level competition and looked like this:

c6d4fca742f02f800337521eaea67818.jpg

Trust me I'm not a "natty or not" cuck and I totally respect Randy and his career. He's a legend. But if you believe his nickname you might as well sign up to be a student of Josh Fabia. Also again...TRT = PEDs so you already admitted he essentially was on steroids anyway even if it was some bullshit legal option at the time.

Rooting for Yoel but I think he is just too over the hill at this point... Costa vs Izzy will be the true test

Okay so:

1. TRT definitely counts as PEDs, you're being very naive to not count it. Doubling and tripling average test levels wasn't performance enhancing? It was basically legal steroids.

2. He was probably using shit prior to TRT, not exactly hard to beat testing back then when he competed.

3. He competed in his 40s, He fought when he was 47 years old and then again when he was almost 48 years old against high level competition and looked like this:

c6d4fca742f02f800337521eaea67818.jpg

Trust me I'm not a "natty or not" cuck and I totally respect Randy and his career. He's a legend. But if you believe his nickname you might as well sign up to be a student of Josh Fabia. Also again...TRT = PEDs so you already admitted he essentially was on steroids anyway even if it was some bullshit legal option at the time.

Do you actually know anything about peds?

Trt is not a ped, it returns trt levels to prior levels due to a decline in testosterone levels due to age or other factors

It doesn't enhance a fighter beyond levels be previously possessed. I'd suggest you post a screen showing Randy having levels far in excess of the allowance under the TUE exemption

Peds allow for development or performance above and beyond what normal training and testosterone levels allow.

TRT was banned in part because guys like belfort abused the hell out of it.

Guys like vitor had excessive levels from overusing TRT but I don't recall this ever being the case with Randy.

And as to whether or not Randy was using steroids, you have no proof of that other than your opinion and as I recall that's a cardable offense on this site.

Plenty of guys popped for ped use during his era during testing in the US

Back