We need to make a stand on Overeem otherwise he is going to end up a vegetable.

The Witcher

відродитися
@Silver
Reaction score
The title is confronting I know but this discussion needs to be had. Alistair Overeem is too tough for his own good and think its going to cost him dearly.

Overeem is a legendary combat fighter but his current skill set is going to ensure some more brutal knockouts to come. The man is that talented he has fought for twenty years and has been ranked top ten in heavyweight for nearly ten fucken years.

But it has come at a cost, 14 KO losses since his mma debut. This is a crazy statistic. Overeem seems to be where he was when he first debuted in the UFC, capable of demolishing some and being demolished by others, normally in brutal fashion.

Has anyone decided to have the talk with him? Has any media outlets wrote an article about Overeems health and longevity? Are the UFC seriously ok to run out his lucrative contract seeing him get fucked go frequently (of course they are $$$).

I don’t know man I just see this ending badly. Overeem appears to be completely coherent now and that may be why there isn’t much noise about this. I just can’t see Overeem escaping the long term effects of CTE.

Anyway I just hope someone of importance gets in his ear soon, has the talk and convinces him to stop otherwise there are at least 4 more KOs coming in the UFC.

/rant

Let the man bang.

He doesn't want to give up his millionaire lifestyle of travelling the world, banging broads and signing autographs.

Ride that wagon until the wheels fall off. I know I would... Fuck being old and coherent. I say this as a heavy smoker. Fuck it.

Let the man bang.

He doesn't want to give up his millionaire lifestyle of travelling the world, banging broads and signing autographs.

Ride that wagon until the wheels fall off if you want fam.
What is he regrets not hanging them up sooner, post vegetable?

Maybe some entrepreneurial mma promoter can develop a cte league for well past it fighters where we watch well past it Chuck Liddell types stagger around and throw uncoordinated slow motion strikes at each other!

What is he regrets not hanging them up sooner, post vegetable?
He obviously does though... 800k every fight, and people getting all "OMG it's Reem" when he walks into a room...

Nobody gives a shit about retired announcers.

SyChQfM.gif

I’m seriously worried about Overeem as well he should call it quits. Too many knockout losses.

I’m seriously worried about Overeem as well he should call it quits. Too many knockout losses.
Thankyou, I thought it was only ice cold killers in this thread.

Let the man bang.

Ride that wagon until the wheels fall off. I know I would... Fuck being old and coherent. I say this as a heavy smoker. Fuck it.

This. and Overeem can still beat 70% of the HW Roster...After his face heals he'll be back in the octagon by Spring

Given how many shots to the head he's taken, I think it's inevitable that he suffers from CTE or even Parkinson's. If he wants to have any kind of sense at the age of 50 he should hang em up now

This. and Overeem can still beat 70% of the HW Roster...After his face heals he'll be back in the octagon by Spring
Beating 70 percent is exactly my point, it’s probably higher. He is good enough to beat most but is gonna get starched by the rest. I think looking back on his career nobody will be happy how it was handled. More KO loses to come and there will likely be no turning back.

Rogan needs to sit him down and talk to him, and Reem better not give him any lip

as an overeem fan i agree. whats he got to prove? im happy he makes bank but i dont like how the stoppages are going. they are getting brutal. its clear this ends with his face completely disfigured and high chance of cte to boot.

Are there any pics of Overeems face after this fight? I wonder how well it will heal.

I tend to agree with OP. I would also like to see Manhoef retire. Not my place to say though.

Back