We need a recovery/minor injury thread

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by vincent80, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincent80

    vincent80 Blue Belt

    Jan 23, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Would be good to get tips from other ppl that have experienced little nagging injuries or is having trouble recovering from training and getting advice for remedies. I know were not suppose to make threads about injuries and this is not. This is just about nagging minor injuries or recovery from training nothing major that absolutly needs doctor attention. If this us wrong go ahead and delete.

    Anyway I have a pinched (I think) siotic* nerve... basically I get tightening and a shooting pain on my left side from my ass to my thigh to my knee to my calve to my ankle. I've trained through it for the last 3 months now it is bad I have a hard time sitting cuz thats when it flares up...any advice? I ve only been using Thai oil on it.

    *I know that's not how to spell it but that's how it sounds
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. johndoe_sh

    johndoe_sh Blue Belt

    Jul 21, 2006
    Likes Received:
    doctor, go to one, youre risking permanent nerve damage

    i lost all strength in my left arm from nerve damage, extensive rehab later and its back to normal

    i know a guy who has nerve damage that periodically causes his right arm to become totally paralyzed, simply diving into a pool can trigger it
  3. Tosa

    Tosa Red Belt

    Oct 23, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Somewhere else
    Asking about injuries is a forbidden topic. There are exceptions for minor aches and pains, or advice for how to train despite an injury. These are exceptions to the rule, and I don't see why there should be a thread about it.

    Go see a doctor. Hopefully one better than this:


    DEVILsSON Black Belt

    Feb 13, 2006
    Likes Received:
    Go see a doctor bro. I am surprised you haven't already. If you want to have a long and prosperous training career you need to recognize when its time to suck it up and go see a doctor. You may also consider getting a consultation with a chripractor.

    Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.