We need a judo thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I got a compression fracture on T6 right in the middle of my shoulder blades. It was healed in July but I still get a really tight sensation in my muscles in my back after playing hockey or bjj, I'm afraid to start doing Judo again because I'm afraid of fracturing my back again. Wondering if anyone here can tell me it's reasonable safe to do Judo again.

If you are able to play hockey and Jiu Jitsu right now and, know how to breakfall then I don't see why not.

thanks for that link, I can't believe how many videos they have. Even Inoue's uchi mata... Thanks alot.

is judo a better way to stay in shape than bjj? I'm looking to improve my cardio. I take strength and conditioning very seriously because of hockey but the sport itself+all the off-ice training I have leaves me with little time.

is judo a better way to stay in shape than bjj? I'm looking to improve my cardio. I take strength and conditioning very seriously because of hockey but the sport itself+all the off-ice training I have leaves me with little time.

specifically for icehockey I think judo would be a better fit cardio and technique wise

more intense then bjj, shrot fights, and you hockey guys seem to like grabbing and punching judo should help with that to:icon_lol:

Im a Judo guy, but I dont post here often/at all because its mostly BJJ guys. If there was a Judo subforum or stickied thread I would definately join in on the fun!

I was called the "judo" guy at every BJJ club I ever stepped into. Even though I did BJJ longer than Judo. I just love the Judo stand up game way more than the BJJ takedowns

YouTube - Inside Trip pt 2

I was called the "judo" guy at every BJJ club I ever stepped into. Even though I did BJJ longer than Judo. I just love the Judo stand up game way more than the BJJ takedowns

YouTube - Inside Trip pt 2

It is what it is.
If you ask me.
Kodokan Judo is often way to orianted to the sport part of it and less TMA.
Since an Ippon is the best you can pull, alot of dojo overlook trows.
Beside it's how other Judo style were created.

After years of Kodokan i fell in love with Kimura and Mifune styles.
Guess it was a matter of time before I got into BJJ.

this is a big difference in judo vs wrestling thou

the commitment in judo is just the initial part, after that physics take over

wrestling the commitment has more strength behind it

there is is a reason to why judo (and bjj) has got all this philosophy behind it, you know use the others force against them, Seiryoku Zenyo (principle of maximum efficieny/minimal effort)

the philosphy in wrestling seems much more, grind, outpower, impose your will

don't get me wrong, it is still technique but different, the power in the takedowns in judo are less powered by you then in wrestling. of course there are elements of both in each sport but still there is a vital difference

the most hardcore judo snobs (yes Darkslide I am looking at you) would look at rhadi and his double legs and say that is not good judo, a wrestler would just be like: cool double

In a good judo technique you shouldn't need to drive or commit, everything is already in motion, sure you help it along some but it is different. maybe I can't explain it well but there is a difference
I agree with this and have noticed it with wrestlers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back